I must possess this...where can I get it?

That disc was a part of the collectors edition of Civ IV when it was first released (I should know, I have it :))....

That disc was a part of the collectors edition of Civ IV when it was first released (I should know, I have it :))....

darn...did you ever rip it into mp3's...?? ;)

Actually I did rip it (for my mp3 player)... but distributing it could get me in trouble (Copyright) so you might want to contact Firaxis about whether they would make them publicly available.

Wait a minute, you realise all the Civ4 music is already on your machine as .mp3?

Wait a minute, you realise all the Civ4 music is already on your machine as .mp3?

Umm. oh right.

do you know the default folder?

thanks! :)

Actually, there are things on that disc that are not in CivIV, if I understand correctly. There are some tunes from previous revs of the game. But, what do I know? All I recognize is Baba Yetu when it comes up on my mp3 player. (I did get the cd with the special edition. A long story about a long story.)

Umm. oh right.

do you know the default folder?

thanks! :)

...\assets\sounds\soundtrack

It of course depends where exactly on your disk you have installed the game, and whether or not you have the 'complete edition' or whatever it's called. But yeah go to your installation folder for the main game, then go \assets\sounds\soundtrack and all the original game music is there. if you go warlords\assets\sounds\soundtrack you can also get all the music added in that expansion, which is mostly for scenarios I think but also includes the new main menu music that was in that version. Same for beyond the sword too.

By the way if you ever feel like putting alternate music into the game, you can do it easily by replacing the .mp3 files in those directories with other ones of your choice that you rename to have exactly the same file names. Of course, I recommend backing up the original music if you ever do this.

:cool:

Got it, thanks! Can anyone post the playlist on the CD?

...\assets\sounds\soundtrack

It of course depends where exactly on your disk you have installed the game, and whether or not you have the 'complete edition' or whatever it's called. But yeah go to your installation folder for the main game, then go \assets\sounds\soundtrack and all the original game music is there. if you go warlords\assets\sounds\soundtrack you can also get all the music added in that expansion, which is mostly for scenarios I think but also includes the new main menu music that was in that version. Same for beyond the sword too.

By the way if you ever feel like putting alternate music into the game, you can do it easily by replacing the .mp3 files in those directories with other ones of your choice that you rename to have exactly the same file names. Of course, I recommend backing up the original music if you ever do this.

:cool:

1. original civ theme
2. asoka theme
3. alexander theme
4. ancient soundtrack by mark Cromer
5. mansa musa theme
6. isabella theme
7. ancient theme by roger briggs and jeff briggs
8. saladin theme
9. washington theme
10. baba yet (menu music)
11. peter the great theme