1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] I need help with Diplomatic Victory

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Bitterman, Apr 21, 2019.

1. BTSeven7

BTSeven7 Chieftain

Yeah but so well rounded you are winning everything which I have no idea how an efficient or strong diplo game wouldn’t trigger a culture victory long before you vote enough times.

I did a diplomatic victory as America on Emperor and there was no way I could have done it without turning off culture victory. By the end of the game I forced my vote through bc I was suzerain of every city state (standard map, 12 CS). Out of boredom by turn 350 or whatever, I had improved every single tile in my 15 city empire, I was rock band flipping my neighbors cities for fun and then improving every tile. I was just sitting there not producing the exoplanet intentionally. I had a small army of GDRs and I think I even built the Golden Gate Bridge for no reason.

If I had to do it again I would reload after every world congress with the victory point ballot so I can calculate the absolute minimum DF I need for the vote. That should keep the stockpile high enough to force through the vote at 8.

2. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

yeah, it's kind of a mess. I'm not sure why you'd worry about winning another VC first though. With the way the game is going now it's kind of hard to win a CV without spamming rock bands and resorts even when you have managed to crank out a ton of wonders.

Is it harder post patch? I found it to be an easy VC to get. Just tedious because of the waiting game.

3. BTSeven7

BTSeven7 Chieftain

I don't often have to spam very many rock bands to get a quick CV, maybe one or two at the end. At least on Emperor. I have only done a couple of science victories with a lot of domination on Deity in GS. On Emperor, if you are able to get all the early writers, which in turn means you get all the GWAMs for the most part, then the AI will often never get more than 60 or 70 tourists, sometimes as low as 50. When that happens I usually win a CV around turn 200-215 with my best games being 175. Alliances and trade routes make a big difference. If you are perpetually getting your 7 trade routes to every civ with rolling alliances so you always have 5 plus a theater square in every city it doesn't take a lot to win a culture victory. Theming helper from Concise UI is fantastic as well. I was way too lazy to figure out theming before that. Now I easily theme my "Pingala" city museum.

Sometimes with a slow start and a few good culture civs in the game, the end can be a little tedious for CV.

4. Leucarum

Leucarum Chieftain

The biggest problem for me is that it's so slow you are almost guaranteed to win by another victory criterion before it... To do it you pretty much have to sabotage your culture game.