1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

i need help

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by catman51325, Apr 26, 2008.

1. catman51325

catman51325 Chieftain

i was trying to start my game and an error like this popped up

initialize Rencerer Failer. Check DirectX Installaction, Lastest Graphic Setting Parameter.
    Width=1024
    Height=768
    flags=0xc
    hwnd=0xd01f8
    adaotrud=0
    deviceid=1

Error

i tryed reinstalling the game and that didn't work.
    please help

i have a GeForce 5200 card and it would play yesterday but not today
    please i really want to play this game

2. I_M_Weasel

I_M_Weasel Chieftain

Have you the latest graphics driver installed?

If not go to www.nvidia.com you can get it there.

I don't know if it makes a difference but is your desktop resolution at 1024x768 or higher?

It might help to set it to 1024x768 if it isn't. My laptop has a 5200 and runs CIV (not all that well, but does run it)

3. GravityWave

GravityWave Deposed Emperor

If installing the latest drivers doesn't work try going Start - Run - and typing dxdiag . Run the tests and see if it comes up with anything. You can download and install DirectX from the Microsoft website (don't forget to backup if you do this).

If you have the Civ4 SDK installed I think you also need the DirectX SDK (though I might of just made that up-however I'm sure I downloaded it for some reason to do with Civ4(?)).

4. LordMachiavelli

LordMachiavelli Chieftain

GravityWave has good info. But on a side note, there are many programs that could mess with DirectX. About a year ago, I had to re-install DirectX after updating winamp.

LM