I need some combat strategy and the wonder that allows intrest

TownsendVol

Bringer of Justic & Hope
to be figured by your money is AWESOME. I have about 1,300 in money saved and I can do alot just off the intrest I get. :)

I am the americans and need some combat help. I seem to do okay till I go to war.

I have muskets, Longbowmen, Knights and that type of stuff. I have iron and horses if that helps.

Don't get so exicted, Wall Street only gives you a maximum of 50 gold per turn. So beyond 1000 gold in the treasury, you won't gain any furthur benefit.

Hey 50 is quiet a bit. :)

But I didnt know it capped. Thats interesting. I wonder if there is a way to change that, I dont think it should cap.

But its still a cool feature.

Originally posted by TownsendVol
Hey 50 is quiet a bit. :)

But I didnt know it capped. Thats interesting. I wonder if there is a way to change that, I dont think it should cap.

But its still a cool feature.

If they didn't cap it, everyone would spend 10 turns with no research or luxury and pad that bank account to the point where you generate 1000 intrest per turn and you can rush build anything and everything in sight.

And after you build all the improvements, the intrest would grow at an exponential rate to the point where you reach your maximum gold amount within 30 turns... then what?

Two Words:

Overwhelming Superiority

Don't use 4 knights to attack a town defended by 2 spearmen, use 6 and have a few musket men for defense of the stack. Use 8 attacking pikemen...the idea being that you lose none of your knights as they retreat and once you take the city you can use it to heal quicker for the next advance.

Take a few knights and musket men (perhaps 2 knights/musket man) and ravage any advancing reinforcements. Knights move and pillage improvements and the musket men move up and defend them. Anything getting near a small stack like this can be attacked and then the knight can retreat back to the musket man for protection...these stacks are expendable to slow down the main counter by your enemy and are expendable to sever his connection to luxuries and SRs. That is their function...penetrate deep, cut supply and limp back home if possible...else draw off any defending troops into dealing with them directly.

If you are losing try for peace, you can look at it as a 20 turn cease fire...or fall back and defend what you can...the AI will attempt to maneuver around you, be prepared to conduct a fighting retreat to delay any advance.

Rush build as much as your population or treasury allow so that you can easily group reinforcements...you'll need them.

Lastly, always go after the AI with a specific goal, be prepared for targets of opportunity, but don't expect them, its much better to take one city and sue for peace (perhaps picking up another) than it is to overextend and lose your armies, the cities you've conquered, and face an enemy force in your territory.

Well I think your being a bit extreme.

First its not available for a while in the game.

Second if you can save that much money and still survive I think its fine but I think most would be wiped before they could get there.

Anyway that wasnt the point of my post.

Thanks Malys Faisent thats exactly what I wanted. Anymore would be great. I have superior money and culture but just a weak military.

Im pretty peaceful so your hints help alot.

Actually Wall Street does need to be capped...I've had games where I was generating over 1000 gold/turn just off gold/turn agreements with the AI...If Wall Street wasn't capped I'd quickly be making 100s if not 1000s of gold in interest as well...

edit >>>

Glad the military hints helped...I find that the best defense in the game is the ability to bring in a large offense :D

Yeah. I have found time and time again that destroying key roads can help immensely during war. It is certainly worth sacrificing a few units over.

Top Bottom