I need you for MultiRolePlayer game!

Deon

Lt. of Mordor
Hey, guys, I've got a day or two of free time before I begin to die of exams so while AC is not too high I want to play a game in multiplayer with some elements of roleplay. I tried to find someone but there's DEAD SILENCE everywhere, even on #Erebus!

I can play online from 9 p.m. GMT to 5 a.m. GMT, is there any daring soul to try to live with me in FFH universe please? I need it very much.

I want to try an EPIC speed game but with advanced start so we can think our actions through and plan carefully and fight a lot with our highly researched units. If you can't play epic for some reasons I can play normal too, just remember that I want not to finish a game but to play a game, with necessary starting techs to maintain economy but without high-tier ones which should be ultimate goal, and the ultimate goal of the game should be a process, with plot or not I don't care, just try to "roleplay" your nation.

Anybody here? :blush:

that's 3pm - 11pm my time. (Central time) But:

I've never played an online multiplayer game, only hotseat games so I would probably need help to start one.

Also there's a time limit for each turn, right?

I like the narrative focus. I'm only a month into this game though, so have played with only 4 races so far. (So my narrative might be more personal than race specific)

Well, you should install Hamachi (virtual network) for us to connect.

Also if you have mIRC check the thread], and even if not there's a client for #Erebus chat channel.

I don't care about hardcore roleplay either, I just want to have a nice game :).

Where do you get Hamachi? right now I'm getting chat by mibbit.com and a 'connecting to chat server' message endlessly.

EDIT: ok it logged me onto the civfanatics chat not the Erebus chat.

Apologies for noob-ocity but will this be a Lan game, an Internet game or an IP game?

Im interested big time. i love roleplay , sadly ive never played civ online before. And just started fall from heavon, which got me back into civilization. I do not know too much about the lore, but i love it. would you mind having a lil fresh noob who wishes to have fun in your game.

I would absolutely love to do this alas I have very little time and a hectic schedule so I really wouldn't be able to. High school and work really drains the RP out of life....

We had hard time to start it. At first 1st person confused FFH with original BTS.
Then another one forgot to patch to N.
Then my ISP provider took my money from account and blocked access to internet.

I had to go outside to pay for internet (1 am here). I hope we'll be able to start this :).

I'd totally be in on this, so I'll be checking this thread.

As someone who exclusively plays epic speed games, I'm pretty sure it would just take too long. Single-player games take a hell of a long time on epic speed.

If were playing "competitively" as well as rp'ing, it would be nice to have some stipulations in advance about what you can and can't do.

Again, VERY interested. Count me in.

What sort of things do you mean?

What kind of things would players want to agree not to do ?

One option would be to not research alignment-changing religions, like the AI does, but that wouldn't keep people from adopting someone else's religion (like evil Einion Logos did in my last game)

I just meant that it's rather vague to say it's a RP game without giving anyone any guidelines for how to act out their part.

It just wouldn't make sense if the Bannor allied with the Balseraphs right out of the gate because the two guys playing them knew each other IRL.

Don't worry. The more I think about it we probably all play single player enough (at least compared to MP) that we naturally play the game with role-playing in mind.

A situation: don't "sell all techs" for no obvious reason.
Don't sign defensive pacts if of opposite alignment. Etc.

This game was pretty fun. Surely we had to save and we'll continue later but it was really fun, so I achieved what I wanted - a funny game process.

This is the last screenshot of my empire, edited for you. If you live in eastern europe, you should get the joke (it happened occasionally, I settled just 1st 3 and other 4 were captured, and I was pretty amuzed how similar to Russia/USSR it ended; also teh snow xD). Now I request Bear Cavalry for illians.

Spoiler :

It wasn't too deep in tech tree (My latest techs were trading/priesthood/KotE/smelting; I was in the lead even with science at 40% because I conquered enemies and made them to give me their techs) but there were a lot of action and talks. I've just got my priest of winter and almost got Mokka and started to convert everything to snow when we stopped.

The most annoying part was when we tried to cooperate with sheaim. I gave them 2 warriors to defend and they sent me a scout with orthus axe. Sadly Kael took the ability to present things out so we couldn't decide how to give me axe. At first he disbanded scout but an axe belonged to him so I couldn't pick it up. Then I started a war to capture it but it just... disappeared?! Thus the mighty artifact was lost...
There should be an ability to trade artifacts. Maybe somehow via trading screen?

Thank you very much, Luchuirp and Sheaim. It was very fun, it's sad that you had to go. I can play all the night. Please show me your forum nicknames to remember.

Top Bottom