"I Now Pronounce You Partners-In-Life"

CurtSibling said:
Nothing to do with any religious views then?

;)
Mostly my views against civil unions and same-sex marrages is based on my religious views.

CivGeneral said:
Mostly my views against civil unions and same-sex marrages is based on my religious views.

And have you ever thought why these religions tell you that non-baby-making unions are wrong?

Something to do with them wanting more recruits and new converts - Like the babies from these weddings?

Do you want to be part of this inhuman system that preys upon the most helpless newborns?

:(

As has already been noted, children pick on one another for a variety of reasons. Orphans or children otherwise lacking a parent or two get picked on. Oddly enough, when a child grows up and becomes a teenager they will want to stop doing things they recognize as childish. Odds are, if a kid participated in, or witnessed bullying on grounds related to same-sex couples, they will probably decide they don't mind same-sex couples after all when they grow up because they'll find it childish of themselves to still be bothered by it.
Think about it - how often does a person pester people as an adult about things he would bully people about as a child?
Allowing bullies to have same-sex marriages as another excuse will ultimately spread tolerance. I was under the impression Christianity liked tolerance. The same religion sure has largely tolerated things much worse than same-sex marriages in the past. To save us from Godwin's law, I will not give any examples. :)

CG, do you regard homosexuals as inferior or second-class persons?

CivGeneral said:
I am just afraid that children of same-sex parents would be bullied because of it.

So the best solution is to let the bullies win?

CivGeneral said:

All religous factors aside, marriage grants signicant tax and legal benefits. Do you feel it's constitutional too allow a homosexual couple access to the legal and tax benefits of a marriage?

For example, a spouse can make certain medical decisions for the other in the even they are unable to do so. That same privledge is denied to non-married homosexual couples without a legal document granting that right. Is that fair?

-- Ravensfire

sysyphus said:
So the best solution is to let the bullies win?
Too right! Would be stoopid to let the bullies win. Tolerence is what is needed.

Go Conneticut!
I for one am glad that I live in a (slightly) enlighted country. Civil unions are legal and I'm glad for it. I may even get one one day. :D

I dunno why this issue gets people soooo riled up about "marriage" being destroyed etc. It's SO not gonna be destroyed by same-sex marriage. Pah-lease! They need to concentrate on more pressing issues, ya know... like world peace and mass starvation in 3rd world countries instead of forcing their predjudiced views on everyone else.

So.... Go Conneticut!!!!!

Insane_Panda said:
We would have same-sex marriage. But Ahnuld vetoed it.

Correction: California would have same-sex marriage, but the people vetoed it. They voted on it years ago. Ever heard of Proposition 22? The vote by the legislature on this subject was illegal, and would have been struck down if the Governor hadn't vetoed it. He only did his job.

Well, it's official, I'm never moving to Connecticut.

Yaaaay. Get married. I don't give a crap. I just won't live in Mass., Conn., or California ever. There is little reason why gay couples should not be allowed the same rights to get married in some form.

I don't understand homosexuals sometimes though. My friend's mom saw 2 female teachers from our local elementary school both at Big Bats, a local restaurant, having sex in the bathroom. One is married, to a man, and has 2 children. That kind of pisses me off. If gay couples are ever going to earn the respect and equality they fight for, they might want to check their moral codes first.

Atlas14 said:
I don't understand homosexuals sometimes though. My friend's mom saw 2 female teachers from our local elementary school both at Big Bats, a local restaurant, having sex in the bathroom. One is married, to a man, and has 2 children. That kind of pisses me off.
It pisses me off too. I wish I was the one who saw it:drool:

Atlas14 said:
I don't understand homosexuals sometimes though. My friend's mom saw 2 female teachers from our local elementary school both at Big Bats, a local restaurant, having sex in the bathroom. One is married, to a man, and has 2 children. That kind of pisses me off. If gay couples are ever going to earn the respect and equality they fight for, they might want to check their moral codes first.

ummm... okay.....
cos gay people are the only people who ever commit adultery!!!! :crazyeye:

It pisses me off too. I wish I was the one who saw it

Not if they are ugly, hairy, big-boned, massive women. But of course if they aren't, then yeah, grab some popcorn.

ummm... okay.....
cos gay people are the only people who ever commit adultery!!!!

The adultery itself doesn't piss me off so much as the fact that she is cheating on her husband for another female. If you are attracted to women, live with one. Don't have kids with a man and then cheat on him. That is totally screwed up as opposed to screwed up with plain adultery.

Atlas14 said:
The adultery itself doesn't piss me off so much as the fact that she is cheating on her husband for another female. If you are attracted to women, live with one. Don't have kids with a man and then cheat on him. That is totally screwed up as opposed to screwed up with plain adultery.

So what you're saying is that it's sorta okay to cheat with someone of the opposite sex, but horribly, horribly wrong if they're the same sex?

Good grief - that's completely ridiculous!

-- Ravensfire

So what you're saying is that it's sorta okay to cheat with someone of the opposite sex, but horribly, horribly wrong if they're the same sex?

Good grief - that's completely ridiculous!

Not really. I think both are screwed up, the same sex adultery situation is more screwed up though. It simply happens that the same sex adultery one also pisses me off more.

CivGeneral:

Normally I would support the argument that it's your opinion. But what you display in this post is not your opinion, its of the growing minority of Christianity. It will be your perogative later in life to have not accepted the inevitable, or the realization that Western society and government struggles to void itself of the irrationality you believe in.

Top Bottom