I offer trade embassies and he took all my ciites, what happened

CobraC0mmander

Chieftain
I was playing a multiplayer game, a player named "Juice" I wish I could look up his steam ID so we could report these players. Anyways doing very well in a game, offer him a trade for accept embassies I end my turn. The next turn he has all my cities and resources, I dont understand how this occurred and want to know what can be done to prevent it.

This is a showstopper glitch in the game. It's actually very straightforward to do, and nothing can be done to stop it except a gentleman's agreement not to do it to other players.

Obviously you aren't supposed to be able to agree to any trade deal until -both- players have given their consent to its most recent contents. But in the multiplayer interface, if you set up a trade deal, propose the trade deal, and then open up the trade window again, you can accept the deal you yourself just proposed. Alternately, as Juice did, if you get a trade deal, you can alter the deal, propose it, then open it again and accept it.

Showstopper glitch. Fairly embarrassing obviously; it's not as bad as the research overflow exploit, because with that it's not even clear what counts as exploiting it.

So again, you get this to stop by telling your opponent "Stop doing that."

You can avoid cheaters like this by playing at CIVNQ group or by playing private games with friends.

Public games are full of trolls who if they dont like what is happening in the game may kick u or trade cheat you or other things.

An UNIMAGINABLE amount of people do this in multiplayer. I can't believe how many people use the trade-exploit in Civilization V. It is literally a game breaker. If you offer something, he/she can always counter-offer your proposal and then accept he/she can accept the counter-offer he/she proposed. So many people do this in this game I can't believe how bad and disgraceful this community is.

Although this is just entirely my opinion and I am not offending anyone. I just advise you play in NQ groups or ask everyone in the lobby to not do the trade-exploit glitch.

Here's how to avoid this happening to you. Offer your deals for only a brief amount of time. If they don't accept the deal in say 5 seconds withdraw it immediately. This insures that they don't have enough time to set up some absurd counter offer and accept it. DO NOT leave deals open to the other player. Allow them only enough time to hit accept and that's it.

This has happened to me also and it's about time that someone is finally speaking up about it.

Top Bottom