I quit Civilization 3!

Killer: I'll mail you savegames if you want; but what do you want exactly? If you're interested, you can see my report for the latest Realms Beyond Civilization Epics, one of the games was on emperor, the other on deity. In the deity game, no-one ever attacked me and everyone was friendly with me. In the emperor game, no-one ever attacked me, but I attacked other people alot of times. I even attacked India, was getting the crap kicked out of me, because they had rubber and I didn't, so I sued for peace. Then I buy rubber *off* them, just after I've been in an aggressive and unprovoked war with them, during which I captured two of their cities (and they have a monopoly on rubber), use it to build a whole heap of tanks and infantry and then come and slaughter them.

The Deity game report is at http://www.kalikokottage.com/sirp/romans.htm

The Emperor game report is at http://www.kalikokottage.com/sirp/aztecs.htm

If you want saved games, tell me the approximate point in either of these games where you want the saved game and I will send them to you.

-Sirp.

Sirp, thanx for the links!

What I was thinking about was simply snapshots, say some from the time you have 6, 12, 15, 18 cities each. Then, whenever anything big comes up, age change or so, maybe 12 snapshot of a game all in all, covering start to around the beginning of modern times. I find it the best way to learn about a playing style.

I could do the same so you can check out what I do wrong :)

ukrneal> For trading. What many don't realise is that it is not that they are offering different price. But rather, one is so poor that he cannot offer more then that. And that is exactly what confuse most of the players in thinking that the trade value differs.

I have done this test many times. Give the AI 10,000 gold and then try selling the same tech to different AI. They will all offer about the same price - with the exception if one is researching the tech halfway through, they offer less (BTW, this is the way to tell what tech they are researching)

Sirp> I did mention that the AI seems to always choose the strong as target, didn't I?

But Qitai, I was the buyer!! They had a similar level of gold, around 100 gold, though I admittedly might be wrong on that. I can see where they would OFFER different prices based on their resources, but to demand such radically different prices from me??? There must be some other factor that I don't yet understand...

Post the save, I can check things for you. Is this 1.21 or 1.29. I am still in 1.21 to complete my last game.

I have never experience such difference as a buyer. It is always within 10% difference for me.

I'll try to find it (it happened in the game I was playing), but I save often and don't remember when exactly I bought the tech. Bu I'll try.

Sirp: I now read both your sites carefully - and what surprises me is that you do not get attacked!

Obviously, you manage never to evoke envy nor contempt in the AI, you never ar3e so weak the gang up but never so strong they want to take you out before you grow strong...

I would ahve expected surprise attacks all the time in ancient and middle ages - after that it gets better.

So it really is a mystery to me how you survived to the time you out-economied them.... :confused:

I tried playing like that - and found myself attacked again and again.

Mannn... at least U quit! Zouave is STILL ghosting this board

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

Originally posted by NiteCreature

Yea, whatever.

Early this morning I had nine military units in a town of '1' in the Ancient period. I conquered that town the turn before. Next turn it Flipped and my entire garrison of two spearmen, six legionaries, and a catapult vanished in the air. :vomit: Game over.

If I can't find a way to mod out this nonsense I've played my last game. But I'll be around making sure Firaxis doers not get away with selling shoddy merchandise like they did in November. It's my consumer activist background.

Killer: I *was* always so weak. I was pathetic. I couldn't have possibly been weaker. I had warriors defending some of my cities while they had riflemen and cavalry wandering around through my territory.

Zouave: Which patch version was this of? Do you have a saved game to post?

So, dear NiteCreature, what have I done to you???? Why are you so upset????

Don't you think it is time you grew up, looked in the mirror and realized what a piece of..........I better stop or I get a ban, but I guess you get my drift.... :D

No, don't bother to reply, you are on my ignore list anyways :D

Ok, I thought you weren't allowed to insult people in this forum. Apparently, it is acceptable to insult Firaxis because they made the game. Zouave, you would be in some serious trouble if people judged you the way you judge Civ 3.

Originally posted by Lt. 'Killer' M.

So, dear NiteCreature, what have I done to you???? Why are you so upset????

No, don't bother to reply, you are on my ignore list anyways :D

I know i'm on ur ignore list, but gonna reply anyway... U seem more upset than me :D It WAS only a joke...

Originally posted by Zouave

It's my consumer activist background.

This is interesting... what do you mean? Maybe if u'd told us where ur coming from, we could understand why ur such harsh 'critic' :goodjob:

I know i'm on ur ignore list, but gonna reply anyway... U seem more upset than me :D It WAS only a joke...

I'll take your word for it that is was only a joke ;)

but please do not compare me an Zouave - will ya? ;) j/k

Top Bottom