i really miss replay and powergraph

Bed

Chieftain
how disapointed i was when i finished my first game :(

on civ1 to 4 i could pass hours to see and analyse game replays and powergraphs and i can't see even one of these in civ V :mad:

is there a chance they will be added in a future patch or mod or i have to forget them forever?
this version of civ is missing some very important fun features, how could they managed to forgot them ?! i wonder

Totally! Every civ game has had power graphs and stats. Why doesn't this one!?? I think it is simply the worst oversight / problem they could have possibly made.

Other than that, I enjoy the game. But it doesn't feel as real.

Agreed. I guess CiV was oh-so-rushed they couldn't find time to implement replay or 'civgraph'. Or maybe they decided the 'new consumers' wouldn't understand them, so they decided to simply write them off.

Cheers!

Same here, I was so dissapointed when I finished my first game that this was missing. I loved replay and seeing what happened in the game under the fog, as well as all the other post game graphs and info.

Same here.

I find a bit of an insult really, having the end of their game be like this, a plastered picture, knowing how all the fans enjoyed the graphs, demographics, timeline, etc etc at the end of their games.

It's not the fact that they were lazy, under-budgeted or rushed the game enough to not copy/paste the endings of any other civilization, but it actually tells you how much out of touch they were with their civ fans with this sequel. Everyone knows that the ending features were something all civfans loved, the fact they didn't even attempt to include them tells you the very little effort they put in this civilization.

Same here! I also miss waiting for my spaceship to reach its destination. As soon as i attached the last part, i got the Victory message, and then BOOM, straight to the main menu :(

^Indeed. I found it lazy and just another one of those features that made previous civ games so great that has been omitted in the name of change.

Perhaps they were afraid of the shortcomings in the AI that the replays might have demonstrated? I was particularly interested after my first game to find out how Monty had managed to conquer and expand over most of his continent while the AIs on my continent built no cities other than their capitals and sat there like lame ducks until I put them out of their misery.

Such a missing is outrageous.

If the patch won't restore this fundamental feature we urgently must have a meeting with a developer.

Why don't you post a poll and get it stickied ?

1 ) I want my replay back with all the relative stuff

2 ) I am happy without those replays

thx

how disapointed i was when i finished my first game :(

on civ1 to 4 i could pass hours to see and analyse game replays and powergraphs and i can't see even one of these in civ V :mad:

is there a chance they will be added in a future patch or mod or i have to forget them forever?
this version of civ is missing some very important fun features, how could they managed to forgot them ?! i wonder
I miss them too.
It seems that everybody agrees. If we are numerous enough we could pressure Firafix to bring them back in a patch.

The game actually saves a replay file, and there are comments in the source files about replay, so hopefully we will see game replays return with a future patch. :)

Yeah, I noticed the files. This definitely seems like something they didn't finish, but will have to implement.

For replay, sure, they need to be added. But, please, for power graph, make them as an option.
It's really boring to check the military power of an enemy to know if a war is coming or to know if we can attack him without risk. Especially in multiplayer.
I mean, these graphes were like spies but they existed without sending any spies in enemy's empire. Then, definitively, i want to play without them in multiplayer.

I agree its the feature I miss the most :( Finishing the game now feels so boring.

Another case of disappointment in the ending and lack of replay, extensive analysis and gloating over one's victory. It really squashes the satisfaction value of winning a game.

Top Bottom