I REALLY need help to install this

giccho3

Chieftain
Hello guys

I can't install this mod, and I can't wait to play it. It is maddening. I will try to explain the situation in as much detail as possible to see if someone can help me, please.

My CIV 4 BtS game is installed in the following directory:

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ 2K Games \ Firaxis Games \ Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete \ Beyond the Sword

I use the normal DoC installer, and install it in

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ 2K Games \ Firaxis Games \ Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete \ Beyond the Sword \ Mods \ RFC Dawn of Civilization

Well, nothing happens. It is as if nothing has been installed. I run the game and there is no sign of anything new.

What am I doing wrong? I honestly don't know what else to do, if someone can help me I would really appreciate it.

PS: This is my current version of the game

To be clear, you have to actually load the mod inside the game every time you want to play by going to "Advanced" and then "Load a Mod" in the Civ4 main menu. Are you doing that?

Well, it went well and badly at the same time.

The good news is that the mod now appears once I go into Advanced and Load a mod.

The bad news is that it doesn't load it. The game goes to desktop and does nothing else, does not start or load anything.

What can I do now?

That's not necessarily a bad sign. The mod takes a bit to load on the first start. It should start significantly faster after that.

To verify that the mod is indeed starting in the background, open your task manager and check if there's a Civ4BeyondSword.exe process running in the background. If so, just give it some time. You might speed it up a bit by right clicking the process and setting a higher priority for it.

What am I doing wrong? I honestly don't know what else to do, if someone can help me I would really appreciate it.

You forgot to tell us your operative system.
If it is win 7, you can create an icon on your desktop, and in the target field you have to fill with this string

"C:\your full path here\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\RFC Dawn of Civilization

It will load RFC DoC directly

If you have win 10, i don't know how to manage that interface without Right Mouse Button.

Another reason of long loading time is Microsoft Security Essentials and its real time scanning of files.
I put Civ4BeyondSword.exe in its ignore list and i gained almost 30 seconds of loading time.

Hey all - hoping someone can help me get this downloaded. I have tried multiple times to download this mod and it has been maddening. I have downloaded other mods before with success so I know the drill - save the file from the link Wessel V1 provided into the format specified by Giccho3. I am able to find the mod in the Advanced - Load Mod menu. When I do this, the program reboots like it would for any other mod. But the menu screen does not change, and the maps (1700 AD, 600AD, 3000BC) are not available to play. Please help!

In which file do you have the mod? Make sure its not in my games folder made by the original Civ IV

Did anything work? We hope that you were able to solve your problems! :)

Hello or good evening everyone ! I'm new to the forum, but I've been coming here for a long time without commenting. I love the DOC mod, a big shout out to the creator! But I have a big problem... The mod worked fine, I wanted to install the latest version and it crashed the mod. So I wanted to reinstall everything and now I have python problems and error messages.
I downloaded Civilization 4 mod BTS > BTS > Mods.

I need your help please 🙏

How did you install it? Where did you download it? Did you delete your previous mod folder before?

That's not necessarily a bad sign. The mod takes a bit to load on the first start. It should start significantly faster after that.

To verify that the mod is indeed starting in the background, open your task manager and check if there's a Civ4BeyondSword.exe process running in the background. If so, just give it some time. You might speed it up a bit by right clicking the process and setting a higher priority for it.

So that's only supposed to happen on the first run? For me it takes several minutes every time before I see the loading progress bar, with a 10th gen i5/16GB RAM and game on SSD. Anything I can do to make it load faster?

So that's only supposed to happen on the first run? For me it takes several minutes every time before I see the loading progress bar, with a 10th gen i5/16GB RAM and game on SSD. Anything I can do to make it load faster?
Close other processes that consume a lot of memory.

In which file do you have the mod? Make sure its not in my games folder made by the original Civ IV
I have tried it two ways:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\RFC Dawn of Civilization"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods/RFC Dawn of Civilization"

Let me know how I can play this! Been wanting to for ages. Thanks

The latter is the correct path.

The latter is the correct path.
Cool. So I go to advanced -> load the mod. the application reboots. I go into scenarios and cannot find the new maps. Am I using the wrong DOC file? Why won't the new maps appear after I have downloaded and opened the mod?

Play Now.

The latest release is fine.

Top Bottom