I recently conpleted the 90th out of the 90 BE & RT achievements

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by DWilson, Apr 22, 2016.

1. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I recently got the final Beyond Earth achievement (for me, Cylon Computer Virus) and a week before that I picked up all the Starships achievements (31 of 31, why not) as well.

Image proof for BE:

Spoiler :

I decided to do so when I realized I had picked up roughly 60% just playing the game, and was surprised at how easy and enjoyable finishing them off was, for the most part. Thought I'd see if anyone had any questions or thoughts.

2. Sirian

Sirian Designer, Mohawk Games

Congrats!

Were any of them a big pain in the rear? Or were they all fun to chase?

I've got a few games with all the achieves completed. Some were a pleasure. But some had that one or two achieves that were too much grind or just poorly designed. Some other games I might have finished all the achieves on but decided it wasn't worth it because some of them were just foolish in what they asked players to do. I think the ones where you naturally earn most of them just by playing are the only ones to even consider trying to chase down the last so many.

- Sirian

3. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

I'm close, but nowhere near complete! Impressive that you got all of them. I've barely started on Starships, heh.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gorbles/stats/65980/?tab=achievements

In terms of being "a pain in the ass", I'd definitely say the Artefact Wonders are a bit of a pain. They're impossible to predict without mods (which disable Achievements) and there's more than a few of them. Haven't got that one yet, but I've built countless Artefact Wonders across countless games.

I think Cylon Computer Virus will be the hardest for me because I never play online, and I don't have many friends who play it :) Apollo I'll pick up at some point when I can be bothered, and Rules of Acquisition is just a matter of time.

4. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Almost all were fun, but there were a couple exceptions. Rules of Acquisition was tedious, and I eventually knocked it out with a save in which I had enough energy and available tiles to get roughly 90 per reload. Making Way for a Hyperspace Bypass was similar, but fortunately mid-game I happened upon a setup that allowed me to knock out 9 in a single turn, which I reloaded a couple times. Those are the only two I felt cheap about earning, but it would have taken many more games for me to knock them out naturally. The only other annoying one was Fearful Symmetry (win on a skirmish map), which was only annoying because I had to play without RT to enable a Skirmish map in the options.

I definitely agree that games where they come naturally are infinitely preferable. The main reason I haven't tried this for CiV is because the sheer amount of scenario achievements is ominous. Fortunately it was surprisingly natural to go through nearly all of them for BE.

You're basically done, fortunately! One way you can get the artifacts wonder achievement more easily is to open up your achievement log and scroll to the bottom, to find out which wonders you've yet to build (nameofwonder=0). Then, a wikia can tell you the preference for each artifact, and once you find one that prefers a needed wonder, just set up the various possibilities. I think I got nearly all the Old Earth artifacts in one run through, and subsequently all I needed to do was set the one (typically progenitor) required in the first (or last if you prefer slot, then just rotate the others through until you get what you need.

The Cylon Computer Virus can be earned, if you prefer, by playing a hot seat duel versus yourself. The change seats screen can be tedious (twice a game turn effectively), so if you wanted it fast I'd pick all water starts and a water heavy map as the NSA as player one. Then it's a simple matter of building up a navy rapidly (production bonus for water cities plus weaker cities for your opponent self) and attacking the you that needs to be killed without retaliation. It took me a while to talk a friend into playing it, and that would've been a much faster means of knocking it out for one who really doesn't get into mp.

Other than that. All you've got to do is buy a small amount of tiles (you've seriously pretty much knocked this one out already) and win on Apollo. And btw, the Starships ones (if you want to get them) came incredibly quickly. It only took me maybe 10 hours to get them, and almost all of it was just playing naturally.

5. Sauron 3

Sauron 3 Chieftain

My congratulations! Well done!