I refuse to talk!

braindrain

brainiac
Is there a way i can refuse to talk to a civ i disslike so i don't have to see their annyong faces and their useless trade offers? They can ignore me...how can i ignore them?

braindrain said:
Is there a way i can refuse to talk to a civ i disslike so i don't have to see their annyong faces and their useless trade offers? They can ignore me...how can i ignore them?

I always wondered this myself, good point.

that would be cool if we can do that. wasnt it a previous civ or ctp game that allowed doing that?

It annoys me how they never demand anything from other countries.

they should add that. I also wish you could choose certain techs or resources that you are unwilling to trade, so all the ai civs don't keep asking you to trade them

they should add that. I also wish you could choose certain techs or resources that you are unwilling to trade, so all the ai civs don't keep asking you to trade them

ChrTh said:
:confused: How do you know they don't?

Because the AI never gets a "You made an outrightious demand!" modifier against other AI's. They won't ask AI's unless they know they'll accept.

I hate when I get stupid demands in consecutive turns from a "friend" then they cancel the open borders since I've now earned -2 or -3 for refusing demands. Also I've noticed in warlords that it takes alot more to get to pleased. I had a 9-5 positive attitude towards me yet was still cautious.

princecharles said:
Because the AI never gets a "You made an outrightious demand!" modifier against other AI's. They won't ask AI's unless they know they'll accept.
How do you know what modifiers one AI has against another? Not trying to argue against the point (I'm quite sure the AI treats the player very differently from other AI's), just asking the question.

He's probably looked in the worldbuilder, the diplomacy bit of that might show everything if you look hard enough.

Well, if developers put that they would have to combine this with -3 refused to talk for 50 turns.

Yeah, there would have to be a penalty for refusing to talk to them, although I suppose you would probably be thinking about war with them anyway if you're not talking to them.

AriochIV said:
How do you know what modifiers one AI has against another? Not trying to argue against the point (I'm quite sure the AI treats the player very differently from other AI's), just asking the question.

Press F4, click on another AI portrait, it shows the attitudes of other AI leaders towards that AI, and if you hover over another AI leader, gives the relationship modifiers.

i ve had gandi and roosevelt refusing to talk and didnt declare war

Well, I don't really mind seeing Otto's jolly face, even if he does make unreasonalbe demands and I love watching Genghis crack his neck. But, Capac and Asoka give me the creeps and make my stomach churn, respectively, even if they want to give me a tech. Whoever made these leader heads is, ah, .... very creative. But the absolute best (of all times I predict) is Shaka when he is furious and comes whining to you for peace. It is worth playing a game with him just to see this!

Top Bottom