I say, could someone make me a Poser prop for my German Axeman?

zulu9812

The Newbie Nightmare
Remember my last unit request thread?

Remember this guy?

Well, I've decided to make him! But - despite my many, many GB's of Poser runtime - I have no hat suitable for the Germanic warrior pictured above. Can any kind chap oblige?

Erm.. the pic dont show no axe guy....

Well, I tried to whip something up for you. It should be close enough to what you're looking for. It's just a .3ds object that you will need to import into Poser and then parent to the PDM head. It's made to fit a bald head, so it will need to be resized a bit to fit with any hair that you might add to your figure.

Download.

This unit is so cool it makes me shudder.

By the way, R8XFT, you do know that a lot of your "needs" that have already been filled but not publicly released make the poor LotM team salavate and weep in their beer? ;) It's peverse, I know, to eagerly await your mod simply so it can be plundered, but I couldn't restrain myself! :blush:

That is the question! Whether 'tis better to suffer the slings and arrows of misfortune with thine shield at thine back, or to protect one's self from injury with thine shield in thine hand?

Incidentally, utah - are you going to update the props thread?

Hey, you changed the clothing! I liked the vest look. I don't recall seeing a unit with a vest on yet. Oh well.

As far as updating my props thread, what do you mean? I added a couple of things recently, is there something specific that you wanted added?

Nice phrygian cap, mate!

For the shield... in combat, you always hold the shield in front of your body.
Believe me, it is very stupid to do not do so. I have been doing re-enactment combat for 10 years and counting, and if I learned one lesson then it was to never expose your body to the opponent.

utahjazz7 said:
Hey, you changed the clothing! I liked the vest look. I don't recall seeing a unit with a vest on yet. Oh well.

I was using the waistcoat that Kinboat made. Unfortunately, the sides get all distorted when you twist/bend the PDM's hip and abdomen so it's not really useable. Also, he looked a bit too much like a lumberjack with that waistcoat ;)

utahjazz7 said:
As far as updating my props thread, what do you mean? I added a couple of things recently, is there something specific that you wanted added?

I just meant the hat really. But, if you're taking requests...

- a pair of trousers that are tied at the ankle - kind of like balloon pants but not as rediculous (basically, what the german guy is wearing in the first post)​
- a decent waistcoat ;) - preferably one with some kind of fur bits on it (i.e. modelled, not textured)​

But I can do without both - it'd just look more like the picture if I had them.

Just a question, could you vary this unit a bit? Maybe one with a sword and a different colored shield, or one with spear and shield. Or an Archer?

I'm asking because I really like what it looks like, and I wish I had different guys in my early German army. ;-)

Ares de Borg said:
Just a question, could you vary this unit a bit? Maybe one with a sword and a different colored shield, or one with spear and shield. Or an Archer?

I'm asking because I really like what it looks like, and I wish I had different guys in my early German army. ;-)

Tell you what: I'll make a spearman as well. I've been hankering to do an archer for a while. just because I haven't done one - but I'm not promising anything.

Perfect, thanks! Most German warriors fought with spears and shield, so this will be great! Watch out, you filthy Romans...! ;-)

Yes, you would find a spearman and archer would be much used as a compliment to what is shaping up to be a great unit. :)

With a one-handed axe like that, why not hold the shield out front? Two hands would be a different story, certainly.
zulu9812 said:
Tell you what: I'll make a spearman as well.
Egad, the Lord of the Mods team will be eternally greatful (they already are to so many people, but that does't cheapen it, does it?)!

I should like to ask the same of you and your impending release of wicked Dark Age units, R8FXT! :drool:

Sorry for the bug delay, but I ran into some problems with the death flc. Everything else is done apart from that, so I think I'll just do a quick 'utah' death flc and be done with it.

Top Bottom