I still believe in Global Warming. Do You?

Murky

Deity
The Heartland Institute sinks to a new low

The Heartland Institute, a far-right climate change denying "thinktank" has put up a series of billboards so disgusting, so vile, that I find it difficult to find words to tell you just how disgusting and vile they are.
So instead, I’ll show you one:

When I first heard of this earlier today, I thought it was a joke. No one would seriously do this, right? Creating an actual billboard like this would be taking Poe’s Law and aiming right between your own eyes!
But it’s real. Heartland actually put these up, and according to their press release, they’re proud of it. And other people Heartland has on the billboards? Charles Manson, Fidel Castro, and they’re considering putting up some with Osama bin Laden.
Yes, seriously.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/b...4/the-heartland-institute-sinks-to-a-new-low/

Just when you thought they couldn't sink any lower, they find a way to suprise you.

Of course, there has been a backlash from this. They are losing sponsors left and right.

FOLLOWUP: Heartland Institute’s billboards are costing them donors

Ridiculous adds. That's a pathetic, unbelievably dishonest way to make an argument. Vile is indeed an appropriate word to describe them.

But to create a decent discussion, recent news have raised questions about some of Warming Alarmists' predictions:

Himalaya glaciers lost no ice in the last 10 years and are not in danger of disappearing

Proponent of "Gaia Theory" and famous alarmist James Lovelock says he and many others were too alarmist about climate change and catastrophic prediction won't come true.

Terrible.

Also you don't believe in facts, to be an actual skeptic you have to accept facts as facts.

Quite clear they're very desperate.

You know who else believed in global warming?...

What idiot in their organization thought this was a good idea? There is absolutely no way this doesnt end up costing them a lot of money in the long run. Im sure plenty of global warming skeptics who would have been sympathetic to this group will be chased off from potential support thanks to behavior like this.

Osama bin Laden believed in global warming? Who could tell!

Eagerly awaiting 'I still believe in God. Do you?' billboards featuring most of the same people.

Never mind.

Yea, this guy got his PhD in mathematics before 25.

So?
That seems to be like the right age for a person who follows his undergraduate degree with a masters and then a pHD. Not exactly groundbreaking and it's not like you get smarter at 26 anyway..

It isn't, but if he had a pHD at the age of 20 it would be impressive. 25 sounds like the natural timescale if you pursue a purely academic route after university.

So?
That seems to be like the right age for a person who follows his undergraduate degree with a masters and then a pHD. Not exactly groundbreaking and it's not like you get smarter at 26 anyway..

Well, it was a pHD in mathematics, and he was really good at it.

I'll just quote from wiki because I'm too lazy to look anything else up:

"Maxwell Reade, a retired math professor who served on Kaczynski's dissertation committee, also commented on his thesis by noting, "I would guess that maybe 10 or 12 men in the country understood or appreciated it.""

By pretty much any measure of the term, Kaczynski was a genius.

Just when I thought right-wing stupidity couldn't get more stupid, they go and surprise me.

That billboard even disgusts me, an elitist racist big oil big business right-wing nut.

Top Bottom