I think Civ 2 was the best, and I miss my paratroopers

ongwin

Rebel w/o A Cause
These are just my random thoughts. Feel free to comment.

1. I think that of all the civs so far, I like Civ 2 the most. I can't explain it in words, but I just have the most fun and enjoyment from Civ 2, and I can play from start to end without getting bored. With the more current Civs, I find that it gets a little boring somehow, until I reach the industrial age. Why?

2. I miss my paratrooper units. They are vital in any large scale military invasion (they were used in WW2). They used to be in Civ 3, but why did they take it out in Civ 4? Paratroopers are important for flying straight to the front line and then pillaging the resources, or ambushing lone enemy units before it reinforces a city. I miss my paratroopers. Can someone please bring them back?

Anyway please bring back my paratroopers! Thx

I don't think Firaxis really took paratroopers out, they just left them out. Firaxis knows that powerplayers would seldom use paratroops in this game, as the game is generally lost or won by the industrial age (unless you do a modern start). But the next expansion is supposed to be focused on modern eras and claims to add a lot of units, I expect paratroopers to be coming back.

I like to play through to the modern era, theres a lot missing in CIV 4 that I used to use a lot - howitzers, cruise missiles & paratroopers.
But they were a bit overpowered in my hands - the AI never thought to use cruises against a land based target or couple howitzers with mobile infantry.
Paratroopers were fun, but they completely negate the effect of culture based borders.

I'm pretty sure that at least a few of these guys will show up with BTS.

I really hope that para's are included in BTS i really miss them.

I don't think Firaxis really took paratroopers out, they just left them out.

The cynic in me says they left them out knowing that they'd be bringing them out for an expansion. But that's me, Mr Half-Empty. ;) But yes, I do miss them and all the other groovy modern stuff. If I had a calendar I'd be ticking off the days until BTS rocks up.

ongwin said:
1. I think that of all the civs so far, I like Civ 2 the most. I can't explain it in words, but I just have the most fun and enjoyment from Civ 2, and I can play from start to end without getting bored. With the more current Civs, I find that it gets a little boring somehow, until I reach the industrial age. Why?

What bores you? Is it too easy? Too predictable? Is all that early exploration too tedious? Why does it get exciting in the industrial age? What level are you playing on? Answering a question with other questions: I should be a psychiatrist. :D

Paratroopers were bad and unpractical. I never liked them no matter what side they where on. There are many topics about paratroopers.

Top Bottom