I think DRUGS would be a great addition

norman96

Chieftain
Drugs play a huge role in the world -- I think they would a great addition to the Civ world.

Just think about how much the opium trade affected the world, or how much money drugs make in a year.

Drugs could function as trade goods that can be considered illegal or not legal by Civ's. This of course would bring in a lot of neat possibilities for late-game dynamics, like for example, you could vote to make drugs legal or illegal in the UN.

They'd also have a yet-to-be-seen unique function in a Civ game, where if they are traded illegally, could , I don't know , give your Civ more happiness but increase corruption/maintenance costs. Or if they are traded legally, could generate big money but lead to productivity loss and other Civs perhaps not liking you.

Hrmm what do you guys think? Too controversial maybe? Like it or not drugs that are classified as illegal -- personally I don't differentiate much between something like Ritalin or OxyContin than say, cocaine or marijuana from a moral stand point -- play a huge role in the politics of today world. The current Afghan situation, or the Mexico-US situation (actually US and all of South America pretty much) are very important political topics.

Well, I have an idea for that: A civic where you enable drug trade, which adds a lot of commerce to trade routes but enables a random event where the UN discovers your drugs and one or two random UN civs declare war on you.

It could make some interesting mechanics but I don't think Firaxis would compromise their E10+ rating over it :D

well here was my idea on drugs for the Civ IV game maybe it would work here too because drugs are a part of history particularly our history with China.

Drugs will be divided into soft drugs (Tobacco, coffee, Marijuana, alcohol etc.) and hard drugs (Opium, cocaine, etc.). Soft drugs will be your basic resources that might cause a bit of unhealthiness especially when combined with a corporation (see below).

Hard drugs will begin as normal resources too, but after the discovery of corporation after which you can found Cartels which act as corporations but bring in much more money to the owner of the HQ and lots of trouble ( :yuck: :mad: etc.) for the cities they are in. (this is open for debate if someone has a better idea please let me know) They can be neutralized by adopting police state or by getting the UN to ban them.

They should also add prostitutes as a unit type similar to workers that requires a population point to produce, but can also be captured/enslaved from enemy civilizations. Of course, they would be added to a city/tile to increase gold production/happiness while decreasing health.

They should also add prostitutes as a unit type similar to workers that requires a population point to produce, but can also be captured/enslaved from enemy civilizations. Of course, they would be added to a city/tile to increase gold production/happiness while decreasing health.

Lol..good mod imo xDD

This would be controversial, leading to possible bad publicity or decreased sales, and not really add much fun to the game, it won't be a mechanic many care about. At best they might have a different new resource, but this would be best left as a mod.

Why not just have manpower translates to goods, goods translate to value, and value translates to power system where certain goods have certain effects and you can enact laws to make certain goods contraband and such. A unified economic system, if you will.

There are several proposals for just that floating about here, if you can find them.

Top Bottom