patsfan454

Warlord
fill out piety tree
dont bother founding a religion
settle all great prophets
beeline for industrial era
fill out freedom tree
win game.

Using the liberty tree with France might work best with this strategy, then moving into piety/patronage/freedom

That's certainly an interesting use of the prophets. How do you stop an AI from spreading their religion into your city?

That's certainly an interesting use of the prophets. How do you stop an AI from spreading their religion into your city?

it doesnt matter, you are focused on raw faith generation for new great prophets, it has a snowballing effect I assume.

Problem is, you're gonna have a ton of tiles that only produce, say, two food and faith. And the cost of buying Great People goes up very quickly, so A) you'll have just an OK city until finishing Freedom, and B) you still won't get THAT many Great People.

Don't get me wrong, this strategy is definitely unique and interesting on paper, but in practice it seems destined to fail, at least on the higher difficulties.

Problem is, you're gonna have a ton of tiles that only produce, say, two food and faith.

a flood plain produces 4 gold 2 food 3 culture and 6 faith with this strategy, with freedom its 7 gold 2 food 6 culture and 12 faith.

a flood plain produces 4 gold 2 food 3 culture and 6 faith with this strategy, with freedom its 7 gold 2 food 6 culture and 12 faith.
Culture and gold from the piety finisher are NOT multiplied by the freedom finisher (at least thats how it worked before the patch).

In addition, I think it is never good to forgo founding a religion. You can get a massive benefit from selecting faith-giving beliefes and the "Messiah" enhancer easily balances out the early faith investment during the mid and late game.

Play with Korea and you can have the 2 science in each of those tiles as well for what it's worth.
Too bad Freedom doesn't double the that science.

Play with Korea and you can have the 2 science in each of those tiles as well for what it's worth.
Too bad Freedom doesn't double the that science.

Ah, but it does. In a recent OCC game as Korea, my academies after completing Freedom had a base yield of 20 science.

Ah, but it does. In a recent OCC game as Korea, my academies after completing Freedom had a base yield of 20 science.
That's odd, but I'm almost certain my manufactories only doubled their production. I'll see if I can find an old save to confirm.

Edit: Didn't find a save darn it, I'll have to play a game to see if my memory is wrong. It'd be interesting if it only doubles the bonus on academies though, that would be a bug worth fixing.

I still think it would be more efficient to found a religion given there are some religions that add to culture (direct bonus) and others that add to food growth (indirect bonus)

I would found a religion also, but don't use your prophets to do so until you've explored your landmass. I've seen some anecdotes that indicate that you can get multiple Faith ruins but only until you found a religion.

Freedom finisher only doubles the base yield of a tile improvement. The Korean UA is not part of the base yield, but you will still get 20 :c5science: from academies after the base yield increases to 10 (with Scientific Theory) and 24 :c5science: after the base yield increases to 12 (with Atomic Theory).

Actually you did not brake this game. It has been broken since it was first made. But it is the best damn broken game out there so we might as well keep playing it!:crazyeye:

Few questions; 1) what level u r playing on? 2) r you using social policy saving? 3) what do you do with all that fate without having a religion? 4) r u aiming for cultural victory or do u use fate to buy scientists?

2) r you using social policy saving?

This. Are you? If not, piety is not going to be available to you until after you've likely had at least 3 (or 4) SPs to have to choose. In which case, it might be best to actually fill, say, Tradition or whatever first.

If you are using policy saving, then if someone plays with policy saving on this is an interesting idea, which may be effective if you luck out and find that someone else has a religion that contains many of the beliefs you'd like to have to aid whatever terrain and/or position you are in.

In that case, this strategy is not that interesting , since I think policy saving is a sort of cheating.

Top Bottom