I think they should revert this change..

wolfenjosh

Chieftain
Sorry if this is not the correct place to put this but I created this account so the Civ devs could hear my opinion because I love the game, but this change made NO sense. With the latest update they changed Secret Societies so that only the 1st one gives a governor title, but still need 4 promotions to finish the tree. This makes for even more title starvation in an area of the game that already disallows too much due to not enough titles. I REALLY hope that they discover this was an error and revert it ASAP.

I'm fine with the change. Even though I loved the idea of having Curator or Space Initiative Pingala by the Classical Era it makes no sense really.

While I'm somewhat sad about this change, it's a necessary one. You could snowball pretty easily in Science and Culture with Pingala using Secret Societies, so this is a good nerf.

I'm very upset with the changes because now I can't play my old game, just set new games...

Sorry if this is not the correct place to put this but I created this account so the Civ devs could hear my opinion because I love the game, but this change made NO sense. With the latest update they changed Secret Societies so that only the 1st one gives a governor title, but still need 4 promotions to finish the tree. This makes for even more title starvation in an area of the game that already disallows too much due to not enough titles. I REALLY hope that they discover this was an error and revert it ASAP.

The title flood at the beginning of the game was the number one reason for me not to play Secret Societies. Not having to make difficult choices between governors in the early game made governors unfun.

I think the best solution would be for each Society to have three different tasks which you must complete in order to unlock the following tier (Era locks notwithstanding). That way it wouldn't disrupt the Governor mini-game since Society titles would be granted piecemeal, rather than in one go at the beginning. Plus it gives extra flavour to each society, since you get rewarded by showing commitment to the cause, and you can make each task unique.

I'm very upset with the changes because now I can't play my old game, just set new games...

That happens with every patch.

The title flood at the beginning of the game was the number one reason for me not to play Secret Societies. Not having to make difficult choices between governors in the early game made governors unfun.

I think the best solution would be for each Society to have three different tasks which you must complete in order to unlock the following tier (Era locks notwithstanding). That way it wouldn't disrupt the Governor mini-game since Society titles would be granted piecemeal, rather than in one go at the beginning. Plus it gives extra flavour to each society, since you get rewarded by showing commitment to the cause, and you can make each task unique.

This would work well!

Yeah, you could in theory have the next level of each SS unlock by a "quest" at the era, and not a governor title. So you get the 1 free one to join, and then, for example, Hermetic Order T2 would unlock at the medieval era and have 5 Ley Lines within your borders, T3 would unlock maybe at the industrial era and have 2-3 Alchemical Societies, T4 would unlock at the Atomic Era and maybe you have earned at least 6 or 8 great people in the game. So basically each tier needs you to have done something related to the previous tier.

But otherwise, the change they did makes sense. It's much less disruption to the governor game to have to use 3 tiles at various stages later in the game to max out the society, rather than the disruption of getting 4 extra titles in the ancient or classical era.

? I played Canada recently and was able to finish the game with enough titles and even unlock the achievement for fully unlocking Owls of minerva.

You want games to have no updates then?

You want games to have no updates then?
To add to your post, it's pretty easy to time your games so that you can finish a game before the next patch/update/pack.

Top Bottom