1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

i thought i was a tough nut to crack, but the AI is cracking my nuts.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by DarkxL0rd, Oct 14, 2009.

1. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

Holy Crap this AI plays like me! I am used to playing deity now and so i decided to try out immortal with the new patch. They warrior spam, take out my money tiles, move in huge stacks, attack when they have sufficient odds, and choose the best plots to lay down their cities. I have noticed there is more peace, which is good, but trying to take out a neighbor during the early stages of the game takes a huge commitment. I'm back down to emperor i guess. I love it!

2. Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco Callous Calling

We at Bill Bisco inc. have anticipated your needs in these tough economic times. How ironic that we created a thread just for your benefit which can be found here

If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

3. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

yeah i read that thread. we here at DarkxLord ent. don't believe in the use of "heroes of the light" or any good guy for that matter. the closest we get to good is a huge neutral tree that has nature affinity. empyrean is not underhanded enough for us.

4. Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco Callous Calling

We at Bill Bisco inc. take a dispassionate approach to victory, preferring to find winning strategies without regard to race, gender, civilization, religion, or alignment, and remain firm on our Axioms.

5. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

LoL ;)

6. JonathanStrange

JonathanStrange PrinceWithA1000Enemies

When I play Deity - and I play it alot - I'm constantly spinning in my office chair in case anyone's trying to sneak up on me for the ol' "I didn't see that 20 axemen stack" knockout. Sure I could use a hawk to warn me (and in MagisterCultuum's version, I hear you can set the hawk to "auto-squawk") but since that unfortunate incident with the mayor's wife, I don't trust hawks to warn us in time. Hope that helps (the office chair part). Anyhow, the Deity AIs are still mostly brute force thugs.

7. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I've never tried doing anything like implementing an "auto-squawk" feature. I rarely touch hawks. Sometimes I change add Ravens and Parrots as seperate UUs to match the graphics, and a long time ago I toyed wiht letting hawks attack, but I've never altered their scouting abilities or added any automation.

8. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Rarely doesn't fly in court mister (short for Magister, I'm dissing the ag, so sue me).

GreyFox.me ™ inc corp ©1495-2012 ® is not responsible for any shortcomings, negligibility, malodorous, improvidence, tergiversation, or in other way offensive behaviour of this poster.
    Possible side effects from reading this post may include: casual candescence, fortuitous disaffiliation of extremities, oleaginous penetralia, nadir-adjacent reverberation cachinnating, hair growth, hair loss, dizziness, and other mild or otherwise forgiving ailments

9. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

We at DE coorporations feel that this debate is going slightly offtopic and remind those responsible that doing that is our patented right.

10. Jenaelha

Jenaelha fields of Elanor

It really interesting, before 41H I was an expand and hold player exclusively. Hunkering down to eventually outlast the opposition. With the new Barbarian AI I was forced to play more like DarkxLOrd and the other what I perceived as aggressive players... and I love it. I was so averse to loosing units I wouldn't take those risks but now with the non-stop pillaging I'm forced to go on the attack and its wonderful. I didn't expect to change, in fact I held to my old defend strategy for a time, but it is just to demoralizing to have the Barbs strip your homeland to the bone. You have to take it to them. Now I know what Onionsoldier means by "farming experience" and it is exciting to be the aggressor as I play new strategies to win.