I want to make a (pretty simple) custom trait for my civ, what's the best guide?

YingYangYolo

Chieftain
I so i want to make a really simple custom trait, +1 :c5faith: faith from improved jungle and forest, and extra :c5moves: movement next to rivers, but i don't know how to do it, every tutorial i have looked up give me mixed results and and probably outdated, so if i wanted to make one, what guide would you recommend me to use?

I believe extra movement next to rivers is an existing trait that you can use, but the extra faith from improved jungle and forest might be harder. If you look up a guide on how to make hidden buildings and use the free building trait, you could then use that building to create that part. I'm not sure if you can set it to require them be improved specifically though, I know you can do it for the base tiles, as well as specific improvements(lumbermill for example), but the requiring it to be improved part I've only seen done for strategic and bonus resources, for example the Forge with Iron.

This guide has information on how to mod buildings, and can help you with that part of the trait: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=525486

For setting up the trait itself, I've seen guides that help with that but I don't know of one offhand. More or less what you need to do is define the trait name for your leader, then define what the trait actually does, for reference on these things look at one of the leader xml files near the bottom, and one of the civilization xml files for a list of the traits and how they are defined.

Thanks a lot, setting up the actual trait wont be to difficult since i already use the celts as a dummy trait, the difficult part is only making my own trait, and the whole hidden building thing actually sounds pretty neat, i will try to figure something out, thanks again

Top Bottom