I want to make the nukes bigger

lg100000

Chieftain
So I'm currently creating my first mod ever, which will add a new nuclear weapon to the game. I have currently added a new project, and inserted the weapon into the game. Im stuck on the animation part.

So, I have 2 questions, because I'm honestly clueless at this point.

1). How can I take the current animation for the thermonuclear device, make it about twice as big, and have it associated with only my new bomb (keep the animation for the hydrogen bomb the same size). Currently when I set off my weapon the animation for the nuclear device plays (and I have no idea why, because I don't understand how animations are tied to WMDs).

I've been trying to just change the scale of the file (edit) "FX_hydrogen_Bomb_Explosion.ast" in the assets editor, but it seems to do nothing.

2). How can I add a custom icon for my weapon, and have it appear in the top panel so when I create my weapon it adds it with the number I have along with the icon for the weapon like it does the vanilla WMDs?

I tried editing the toppanel.xml file, and if i do anything at all to it the toppanel completely dissapears.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Last edited:
Well i figured it out.. all by myself :undecide:
Hey! Could you help me out? I'm trying to make a similar mod but for ballistic missiles instead. I would like to use a smaller animation instead of larger.
Additionally, I don't know how to edit the top panel without screwing it up either. Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Top Bottom