1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to play Battle for Middle Earth 2 on my PC and I can't get it to work.

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by caketastydelish, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caketastydelish

caketastydelish 49ers 2019

First: I already bought the base game (and the expansion pack Rise of the Witch King) but I've lost the discs. Anyway considering:

1) I already bought the game and
    2) you can no longer buy the original game without resorting to it being incredibly overpriced on eBay (they no longer sell the game new and you can't buy it as a digital download)

I see nothing wrong with pirating it. That said, I can't make it work. I have tried to make the game work countless times and each time I've tried to play it didn't work. Would anyone be able to help me with this problem?

2. Patine

Patine Warlord

I have similar problem, and I even still have the CD's and product code. The auto-patching it does right after installing that's needed to play no longer has a site it'll connect to.

3. caketastydelish

caketastydelish 49ers 2019

so is there anything that can be done?

4. Patine

Patine Warlord

I had a look in a Google search for a LotR: BfMe2 Patch online. I ended up inadvertendly downloading a well-disguised Trojan. Mind, that was a year-and-a-half ago, and I haven't tried since. There MIGHT be something genuine up now.

5. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

From the site's rules:
    Moderator Action: Discussion of pirating software is not allowed on site. Please do not do so in future. Thread closed.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The problem may be related to the issue discussed in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.