I Was Gifted a Camel Archer- I am Now Short of Horses?

Well, since there is no camel resource just stretch your imagination to believe that the "horse resource" represents all mountable animals.

It's a balance thing. CAs and Keshiks are borderline OP, it's good that they're limited by a strategic.

Because it bogs down the game flow. Too many luxes make certain civs imbalanced, too many strategics make aquiring them a pain in the back.

E.g. you are playing Arabia. Great. You discover horseback riding. Hmm, there are some horses in your borders but no camel. You wanted that Camel Archer so you can go conquer the world? Not today capitalist pig!

Vanilla resources are sufficient for good game progression, if you want more use one of the ressources mods.

No, see there are two types of Camel Archers - real ones that actually use camels, and low-budget "knockoff" ones that use horses and a papier-mache hump to vaguely resemble camels. Apparently, your CS buddy got you one of the latter kinds.
Anyway, I think the reason there are no camels in the game is just because they would be a resource that very few Civs would actually use, and would therefore be rather pointless.

Wouldn't you need a special tech for using the camel resource. E.g. camel riding. =D

Maybe in addition to cow riding also. This could lead to a cow archer. But I'm not sure which civ that would fit. ^_^

I do kind of miss the "resource uniques" like the elephants in 4. Those kinds of things would be nice to add back in. I wouldn't want a UU based on one though.

Please watch some documentaries about camels, and you'll find out they are actually racist and hate all vegetarians. They even created CCC - Camel Clux Clan - an evil organisation which hates on all non-camel means of transport. They insult and often destroy all cars, planes, horses etc.

Since horses are both a different race and vegetarians, it's no wonder camels love eating them. There's also the fact that horses are very nutritious, and camels know that - horse meat is actually the secret to their endurance and ability to survive in deserts.

This also applies to elephants being used by civilizations that use their attributes and have elephants as their uu without using the ivory resource.

To fix the problem of pointless resources like camels being added, you could have a camel start bias for arabia(Camels within 2 tiles of starting area or something), and to make it a resource thats valuable if you're not arabia you could have a added bonus such as extra gold or food. If thats not enough, then use one of the buildings to improve the resource. For instance, a stable would increase the amount of gold produced by the camels.

stop complaining about no unique resource for one civ that would use it to make one unit.

meanwhile children are starving and Indonesia doesn't even have a useful UU.

stop complaining about no unique resource for one civ that would use it to make one unit.

meanwhile children are starving and Indonesia doesn't even have a useful UU.

I can definitely see Sally Struthers sitting along side Sid Meier in this commercial... :crazyeye::lol:

Top Bottom