1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I will have my revenge!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by caketastydelish, Feb 6, 2016.

1. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

No I am not a Catholic. I began attending the Catholic church 3 weeks ago. I am not an official Catholic yet, I haven't even begun RCIA.

I will continue attending Sunday mass for several months and we'll see how it goes.

2. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

If Catholicism works, man, all power to ya. The least vindictive personalities here are all atheist :dunno:

3. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

Right, now if only the rest of the atheists followed the example of those chill atheists here on CFC, that would be great, no?

4. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

It's also worth noting that even if I were a Catholic, it would not explain 'much' as Borachio seems to think it would. Aren't there like, a billion Catholics in the world? You seriously think they are all the same, or would have the same problems I'm facing?

For something far more useful and specific to me, I'm an INFJ. (yes, I actually took the test. It was quite long)

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INFJ_per.html

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INFJ_rel.html

http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html

potential problem areas:

May be unaware (and sometimes uncaring) of how they come across to others

• May quickly dismiss input from others without really considering it

• May apply their judgment more often towards others, rather than towards themselves

• With their ability to see an issue from many sides, they may always find others at fault for any problems in their lives

• May have unrealistic and/or unreasonable expectations of others

• May be intolerant of weaknesses in others

• May believe that they're always right

• May be obsessive and passionate about details that may be unimportant to the big picture

• May be cuttingly derisive and sarcastic towards others

• May have an intense and quick temper

• May be tense, wound up, have high blood pressure and find it difficult to relax

• May hold grudges, and have difficulty forgiving people

• May be wishy-washy and unsure how to act in situations that require quick decision making

• May have difficulty communicating their thoughts and feelings to others

• May see so many tangents everywhere that they can't stay focused on the bottom line or the big picture

5. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

I wasn't being entirely serious about Catholics, you know.

But, on the other hand, it's curious that some of the most complexed people I've met have been Catholics. And Catholicism never seems to leave them.

As for:
    I'd say that's as good a description of the human condition that I've seen in a long time.

If you ever find someone to whom it doesn't apply, let me know, will you? I'd really like to meet them.

6. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Reminder: talking about illegal activities you engaged in as a form of revenge (e.g. theft, vandalism, etc) is against the rules. Deleted two inappropriate posts and three replies to them.

7. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

Bump. I am simply furious with the people who've insulted me. There is one particular asshat who said some very mean things almost 10 years ago. Oh, the things I would do to him now. I am completely serious.

8. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

Easy there. Reach out to someone who’s judgement you trust.

9. red_elk

red_elk Deity

You plan to stay uncaught? :)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  10. amadeus

amadeus As seen on OT

Hope it wasn’t me!

11. haroon

haroon Deity

10 years. If that's a food it would be beyond rotten, you should try to stop chewing those stuff.

No matter who you are, there would be plenty of insults waiting for you in the future, so don't worry, it will comes in variety forms, styles and fashions, with all its bluntness, sarcasm or passive aggressiveness.

Sooo instead of chewing over rotten meat that even the maggot already gave up chewing, you may instead plan how to deal with the future insult in a way that it would not haunt you for another 10 years, or most importantly not deliver you to jail, because that's anything but cool.

Or if that's not helping, buy some heavy bag, and go full revenge over it until you feel better. Like the video here:

Kaitzilla and REDY like this.
  12. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Anger and hate are poisons that erode your own soul, but not those of your targets.

REDY and haroon like this.
  13. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Def not true, read the Bible, yahweh encourages revenge all the time including murder, genocide, slaughter of children, mass rape.

14. Narz

Narz keeping it real

As for revenge personally I dgaf about some idiot who said mean things on the internet.

People whove stolen from me or f-ed w my family, yeah that stuff sends me into angry spiral. However even that is counterproductive, learn the lesson and protect yourself from future harm.

Revenge must be gotten fast otherwise its diminishing returns (simmering anger not worth the satisfaction even if you achieve some positive result from the eventual revenge)

haroon likes this.
  15. haroon

haroon Deity

The infinite loop of "what if". I experience lots of thing in my life, not on your level but also not a light thing either, but I make peace with all of them, lots of time I make a joke about the crappy event, many of it now I found it funny, except one event (not as horrible, but there was a chance to act and I cannot forgive myself not to act on it), but even that one I already make peace with. I mostly ask myself "so what you wanna do about it now? if nothing then shut up". And the show go on. The memory get drag around until it trivialized by time.

Living and working with lots of peoples, all kind of negative experience with human is inevitable, but with time and with a mind that don't give a crap, most wound will dry and heal itself eventually. Well except to those who I trust and always around me, it's so hard not to give a crap, I always make sure to give and request to them something in return keeping the relationship mutual and forming a bond.

I learn a lot of thing at the office. A lot of thing. It was a torture at the beginning, but now I take a lot of benefit from it.

Narz likes this.
  16. Narz

Narz keeping it real

If you can be truly grateful for where you are ideas of revenge will dry up.

If all hadn't occurred as such you never would've had the chance encounter that led to marriage, great friendship, job, etc

Of course this method only works if you actually do feel grateful for current circumstances... also its easy enuf to imagine better circumstances had x, y or z not occurred

haroon likes this.
  17. haroon

haroon Deity

The true wealth that is. Whatever you have or posses, without it, nothing can ever filled the empty chest.

Narz likes this.
  18. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Worth taking a look at the New Testament. It helps a lot.

19. Narz

Narz keeping it real

Yeah God does seem to soften up a lil once he becomes a father (of his clone I guess?). But Christianity is the whole thing, they don't disavow the bats*** crazy old testy god.

20. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside Beware of the Leopard

I believe the New Testament is largely meant to supersede the Old Testament. Hence "turn the other cheek" rather then "an eye for an eye." Also why Christians can eat pork and shrimp, and work on the sabbath. However I am no theologian, and the whole Old Testament vs New Testament is probably going to open up a whole can of worms!
    So might be just safest to correct the original statement in question to "Jesus frowns upon revenge!"