1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I will make a game with the Harun Al rashid and try to win as financial on immortal.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Mr.Ummoid, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Mr.Ummoid

Mr.Ummoid Chieftain

Hello.My friends,I had decided to test this game once and for all,and try to win a game on immortal difficulty using a financial civilization.My strategy would be extend the empire,build wonders ,gain a financial upper hand over the enemies who i could use to spawn my buildings faster,make allies.I hope for a diplomatical victory or even for a space one.So talking it i will be peaceful trying just to plase my enemies,and only defence.
    So here it is,the first turn where i had spawned,remember standard game,unknown type of map,immortal difficulty!
    So here it is:As you can see i am in a zone with many hills but also good resources for luxury.I will continue the game and post it here simoultaniously.!I hope you can contribute with your toughts your opinions of the decisions etc!

Attached Files:

• Civ1.jpg
      Civ1.jpg
      File size:
      147.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Mr.Ummoid

Mr.Ummoid Chieftain

I will use the strategic view and tell you i had found budapest and finished pottery and now i am resarching calendar.

Attached Files:

• Civ2.jpg
      Civ2.jpg
      File size:
      127.8 KB
      Views:
  3. Mr.Ummoid

Mr.Ummoid Chieftain

I had resrached calendar found grand mesa and songhai.Now i am with animal husbandry.

Attached Files:

• Civ3.jpg
      Civ3.jpg
      File size:
      102.5 KB
      Views:
  4. Sable

Sable Chieftain

Good luck. Unlike most folks here, I've been consistently impressed with Arabia while playing against its AI. It's the only one that's ever given me any trouble. An AI that can take over most of its continent and make upwards of 450 gold per turn? Not bad, not bad.

5. Mr.Ummoid

Mr.Ummoid Chieftain

i will soon post the other moves i made here.I think too the ai is to war mongering and i believe other kinds of victory except dominatioon are kinda impossibile.

6. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Shouldn't this be in Stories and Tales?

7. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

Not really, no. Tons of people post play-by-play of their games in the strat forums.

8. alpaca

alpaca King of Ungulates

I would suggest packing your cities in a minimal distance of each other. This will maximise the amount of money you get from trade routes. Each city will only end up with 3 or 4 population but since every city tile is a free road tile and each city yields +1 gold for Harun al-Rashid, you can make a lot of money that way. Also, the Bazaar in each city around a luxury will multiply it so you can get three or four copies of a luxury from the same source.

It's possible to win without conquering any cities, of course. The AI will attack you from time to time if you have a weak army but that just means you have to wipe out theirs and go on playing. Putting your cities close to each other means they will defend each other and you can often shoot at enemy units with two or even three cities. They also provide zones of control that are very hard for the enemy to break and therefore impede movement.

9. RedBowNL

RedBowNL Chieftain

I don't really get what you mean by winning as financial, I can recall that there is no financial victory condition in Civ 5.
    There is one however in Civ Revolution on the Xbox360.... maybe you are mixing those up?? :p

10. Trickster7135

Trickster7135 Prince

I'd say a diplomatic victory is a financial victory, considering you have to buy the loyalty of all those city-states.

11. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

Make sure you get Machu Picchu.