I won a Conquest victory while being at peace.

Flipantropo

Chieftain
Title. I won a Conquest victory, and the turn I won, and for many turns prior to it, I was at peace with everybody. So no attack command was issued by me or my vassals the turn I got the win, and I was never at war with the last civilization that had a government free of my influence.

Settings: latest FFH2 version, Standard Pangaea, Quick, Emperor, everything else Standard (Acheron and all).
Starting leaders: Flauros (me), Sabathiel, Cassiel, Charadon, Sandalphon, Garrim Gyr, Keelyn

How did I do it?

Load up most recent save and have a look in Worldbuilder. Does anything look amiss?

Do you know the answer?

Anyway, anything involving Barbs or HN units is an option. A fun one would be to build a kill spawn of Moroi, cast burning blood and press the delete button (turning them BAR). Super-boosting the AC is another option. I'd go for HN, but you said you didn't issue a command, so probably not.

Of course, you could have just got a peace-vassal.

If this is a contest, I don't think you gave us enough information - when you stopped warring, how many enemies were there? What was the in-game situation? What sort of tech level?

Regardless, I'll lock in the Moroi thing, as its the most interesting option there, imo.

...if this wasn't a contest, and you genuinely don't know, than yeah, post a save.

Congratulations Qqqqqqq, you got it. I was winning with such a lead I got bored, and instead of conquering Keelyns 2 remaining cities, I looked for a more original way to win (she had been at war with 2 AIs during half the game, she had been constantly asking me to accept her as a vassal until I got too close to conquest)(AIs wont peace vassal to you if you get close to a conquest/domination victory. Furthermore, if any of your vassals can break free theyll do so once you get 1 or 2 turns away from victory.).

So in the end I built a huge stack of city raider I mithril Moroi and sent it to her territory blood burning. But I still had trouble getting them to attack her cities, they would just spawn and move randomly, hitting my remaining Morois more often than her city (I didnt know if you deleted them theyd spawn as barbs, but it would have made no difference as it looks a bit like cheating to me), so I had to revise my tactics, and after some trial and error I found my solution:

The amphibious Moroi covert aggresion: I took advantage of the fact that her cities were near a fresh water lake connected to the sea, so I built a fleet of frigates with enlarged cargo bays, loaded those burning Morois and docked them near Keelyns crumbling empire. And I just sit there hitting space and enjoying the sight of those randomly-moving Moroi slowly converging around the last Balseraph cities (they even took a Sidar city 5 tiles away from the fleet before the end). Believe it or not, I had a lot more fun developing and watching this evil little plan of mine come to life than I had had previously during the rest of the game, using the vastly overpowered Calabims' unique features to overwhelm the AIs. (What were they thinking when they designed this civ? You shouldnt be allowed to mass a unit like the vampire, put a national unit limit on them, or double the cost, or sth... its like they can win half the game by casting rivers of blood in turn 20 or so alone... not to mention the huge production output of Governor Manors)

Top Bottom