I wonder....

Kbo

Chieftain
When you guys first started out playing, what were the civs you thought were the best? I know when i was playing noble I LOVED Bisse, nowadays not so much, i guess maybe cause playstyles change? Who knows.

In Civ III it was Egypt-Cleopatra if I remember right, played countless games. In Civ IV vanilla, Roosevelt was an early favorite. In BTS, Darius, hands down ... not too surprising since in Civ III Darius/Persia was my 2nd favorite. Guess that's brings me full circle.

Frederick was my favorite to start off with in vanilla, since him it's been a revolving door.

Carthage, because the civIII carthage were my favorite civ.

In fact, it was not a bad pick at all.

Pericles, because I thought GPs were cool. Of course I searched high and low for an IND/PHI leader in the list before choosing him.

The State...er...Louis, was my favorite.

As a beginner, Cre was a lifesaver, because I felt like it let me settle with something good in my fat cross, not my little square and Ind let me wonder spam, which I think all noobs love...I sure did.

I value both slightly less now, and I value many more traits more than Ind, but I still love creative, though for different reasons.

Use Mali (BTS) ~
This guy keep me checking the setting every few turns:

Did i pick the wrong speed, Normal instead of Epic ?
Ah.. nope.. it's epic... research rate just way too fast.

(doesn't mean fun thou... feeling like one difficulty backwarded. )

Played Bismarck on my very first attempt with civIV - thought Ind is very amazing. then cycled on the rest of Ind leaders, then hated civ for making things very hard on me and I can't win on prince. made me realize ind isn't really that cool - it's fin, org and phi

Gandhi hands down.

I've been a builder ever since and vanilla gandhi is just so incredible. Found a few religions and build all the wonders. The only real problem I ran into was not getting great engineers, since I collected so many GPr and other GPP but only little for prophets. Cultural victory of course on a smooth sail. ;-)

When I first started playing the only Civ I used was America. Then I realized the other Civs had some nice traits/ UUs, so now I mix it up a bit. I do like Hatshepsut, Cyrus, and Caesar.

Civ 3 - Hammurabi - Pump Up The Culture! Everybody Dance Now! Zot!.. Zot!.. Zot!Zot!.. Zot!.. Zot!

When i first started playing it'd always be with my roommate (back in the days of vanilla) and i'd always choose lizzy. She is in fact the only leader i ever picked, since i've just gone random with no real loyalty to anyone.

However in Civ III i definately used persia while in Civ II i can't remember having a favorite.

Top Bottom