[GS] [IAAR/VidLP] Playing Civ with Polls -- You Decide Live!

tudy2

Chieftain
This "Interactive Let's Play" is inspired by the Democraciv games (see here). I see a couple of problems with those, however. One of them being missing player participation in the actual game. Thus, I want to test a format to empower viewers to active players and keep everyone engaged and entertained. For a full rundown on how it works please see here.

The tl,dr is: There are live-polls during the streams, contests for naming things between sessions, and mayors who control cities (those are elected by everyone and join me during streams!). There might be more methods of participation coming up as we go. It is an experiment after all -- so we will see where it goes.

The first session is scheduled for Saturday, 20th of July at 14 PM Eastern / 11 PM PST / 20:00 Central European Time and will be streamed on:

twitch.tv/tudymos

You will not need a twitch-account to participate in live-polls (99% sure about that). So just tune in and screw everything up help us decide with your vote!)

To kick things of for Saturday here the very first poll, concerning the Civ we want to play: Vote here!
(Settings: Map-Type: Shuffle, Speed: Standard, Difficulty: Emperor, Map Size: Large, Disaster Intensity: 3, everything else: default)

Last but not least: I still need a couple of mods to support me during the live sessions with setting up polls. Message me, if interested!

The first poll is going much better than I expected -- Can we reach a full 100 votes on which Civ to play? Poll is still up!

I also made a short announcement video:

The stream starts in about 3 hours. See you there! Tell your friends!

First session went pretty well, considering it was the first time we ever tried this.

We are 33 Turns into the game and things are getting exciting already, you can see a summary over here:

The next sesssion is tomorrow, Saturday, 27th of July at 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM PST / 20:00 Central European Time and will be streamed on:

twitch.tv/tudymos

See you there and decide what will happen!

Top Bottom