IAG Series Discussion Thread

Interesting India scoring - I like it!

Since my Gajah game will likely be quite peaceful, and your map is rolled, consentient - maybe you should go ahead tomorrow and post yours, depending on feedback? I'm still tweaking and play testing mine.

What I suggest is then I post my very fast Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot quickie Hiawatha game next Friday (nothing but mayhem for most folks), then I will post my Gajah game the next Friday. Then we get back on track with Genghis after that.

I can post tomorrow if others want me to. Just let me know

Any news on Immortal maps, Nige?

I am holding off on the Rock 'em Sock 'em GDR game as there are a number of challenges running currently. I will be posting my Gajah/Indonesia map Friday-ish.

I have been experimenting with the NQ Mod after seeing your Diety Ottoman game - it is really great! Doing a Piety/Exploration/Freedom run-through of my map. So nice to have regular water tiles give 3f 1p 1g! It is a water map lovers dream come true.

I don't have a very precise sense of how the NQ Mod affects the AI difficulty - it feels like it is about 30% of the way towards standard Deity. None of the AI care about Arts Funding - weird stuff like that. Maybe I'm not playing it correctly... I do know that in my standard run-through I was kicking a lot more butt! I like the fixed GS beakers on birth.

I will likely post two versions of the map, one plain and one with NQ Mod. :rockon:

I think that where 5 is Emperor and 8 is Deity on the base game,

on NQ Mod, Immortal is 7.25, Deity is 8.5
on Acken Mod, Immortal is 9, Deity is 10 (or more)

Achievement ideas for tomorrow's Indonesian game:

(An actual Southeast Asia map was used. Civs were chosen who were historically involved in some way - whether as part of trade, war, or who will likely found an important religion. Polynesia is the 9th civ, and is in the game as an additional "Barbarian" source - all civs are in perma-war with them. Worldbuilder seems to always screw up things like barbs and camps. Raging barbs is set to on, but often doesn't seem to kick in until later in the game.)

Religion
1 pt for every religion in Jakarta
1 pt for every expo that has at least 3 religions
1 pt for every 50 fpt (rounded down)

(If you found)
2 pts for building Borobudur https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borobudur

(If you don't found)
3 pts if Islam is your majority religion in Jakarta
2 pts if either Buddhism or Hinduism is majority religion in Jakarta

Kris Swordsmen
1 pt for every 3 who reveal special ability
1 pt for every negative ability revealed! (Since they suck as units)

Territory
1 pt for every major island with an Indonesian expo (or conquered city) on it that is now part of modern Indonesia. (I count six major islands - with 10 or more tiles - so up to 5 pts available. Each major island will be marked with a city ruin on a tile near a corner facing your start.)

Diplomacy/Roleplaying
Attempts should be made to play out some of Indonesia's history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesia

2 pts for switching Ideology
1 pt if the switch is to or from Order (Communist influence)

3 pts for dealing with Western powers (3 civs) in certain ways. The civ to your North should eventually become your enemy (claim your independence?). They likely will either become hostile or piss you off anyway! The 2 civs to the E and SE should likely be relatively friendly and you should keep good relations unless you go DomV.

Polynesia - you cannot make peace, and should look more favorably upon anyone who takes Honolulu.

Japan - as they often become an aggressor, you cannot bribe them into war, and if they DOW you, you cannot ask for peace (but can accept peace if offered). You can bribe other players to DOW Japan (good luck).

----------

I am still testing some aspects of the map with Firetuner. Any suggestions?

If you want to use Worldbuilder to make a map, but can't get Barbs to spawn, it is because you can't have any CS set to Team 22 (not sure if the same thing happens if an AI civ is Team 22). It's a known bug. Also, if you create a Scenario in WB and can't get it to load in Civ, try loading a Mod first. It works for me with both IGE and NQ Mod. How bizarre!

I bailed on my idea of Polynesia as a Barbarian state, in part because I finally got Barbs to work. But the perma-war also altered the relations between the AI - way less mayhem.

so do the Barbs work on both maps?

man, you guys keep one upping each other, my Khan map is quite piss in comparison :(

The Barbs are actually quite a PITA in the NQ map at least. A good source of culture, but I had to build a lot more triremes than ever before.

I think Mrs Gustavus is ;)

ooooooooooh snap :lol:

Khan is next and I have a map already, and I'm going to post it around the 5th

Reminder: Khan map will be posted this afternoon or tomorrow morning. It will be a base game Immortal game, no NQ this time

Top Bottom