Iberia/Africa Shift (NEW)

Which Map Do You Prefer?

• Total voters
- Kursk currently doesn't flip to Kiev. It probably should.
- England shouldn't flip Calais, maybe a bit more from Normandy, but not Calais (it is too ahistorical).

- Kursk currently doesn't flip to Kiev. It probably should.
- England shouldn't flip Calais, maybe a bit more from Normandy, but not Calais (it is too ahistorical).

It was intentional that Kursk doesn't flip. AFAIK it's more historic this way
Instead I wanted to add a few more starting units to the Rus

Alright, I just thought that Calais is there in all games because it spawns as an indy city, so one fix city for England
On the other hand there is no guarantee that France will settle another city in Normandy

It was intentional that Kursk doesn't flip. AFAIK it's more historic this way
Instead I wanted to add a few more starting units to the Rus
I see, I will take a look at it.

Alright, I just thought that Calais is there in all games because it spawns as an indy city, so one fix city for England
On the other hand there is no guarantee that France will settle another city in Normandy

True, but it is rather ahistoric. Calais wasn't English until the start of the 100 years war.

France usually does make a city in Normandy, just not at the coast. Maybe we can flip one tile further inland (i.e. all of Normandy).

Btw Michael Vick, I made some further resource rearrangement to Iberia, but tried keep your initial goals in sight
So, stronger Toledo/Madrid area, put back the wine resource, etc
I nerfed some of the city sites though where I felt it was necessary (Leon, Valencia)

Btw Michael Vick, I made some further resource rearrangement to Iberia, but tried keep your initial goals in sight
So, stronger Toledo/Madrid area, put back the wine resource, etc
I nerfed some of the city sites though where I felt it was necessary (Leon, Valencia)

I'm liking most of it, but the AA access is gone from Seville? I'd rather remove the one near Galicia. Is this is about Spain not being able to build colonies because they don't capture Cordoba/Seville?

I guess after playtesting we'll see how much Portugal benefits from the extra land in Porto, my last and only reservation is about putting the Douro back one tile South, at this point I am satisfied with the resources.

Along with the city name maps I'll upload a slight change to the province borders in Iberia, I was thinking of extending La Mancha West to not make Andalusia so big?

Is there any chance of moving the Toledo spawn 1 Southeast?

I'm liking most of it, but the AA access is gone from Seville? I'd rather remove the one near Galicia. Is this is about Spain not being able to build colonies because they don't capture Cordoba/Seville?

I guess after playtesting we'll see how much Portugal benefits from the extra land in Porto, my last and only reservation is about putting the Douro back one tile South, at this point I am satisfied with the resources.

Along with the city name maps I'll upload a slight change to the province borders in Iberia, I was thinking of extending La Mancha West to not make Andalusia so big?

Is there any chance of moving the Toledo spawn 1 Southeast?

The AA is gone? That's a mistake on my part
After all, the area near Seville is one of the most historic spots for an AA :)

The map near Porto cannot be perfect on this map scale, it should be between those 2 tiles
I would rather represent it this way though, the Tejo river would be too close otherwise
Also, I don't think it would be good gameplay wise if Spain could press another city (probably Vigo) between Coruna and Porto

Provinces are stored in python, not in the WB save. You didn't upload any province or settler/war map suggestions last time either ;)
So you cannot really edit them, at least not in the way I like to do it (with keeping an actual province map)
If you suggest some changes, upload a screenshot here

Sry, no. It seems even the poll ended with the majority of the players wanting to see historic city spots

The AA is gone? That's a mistake on my part
After all, the area near Seville is one of the most historic spots for an AA :)

Yes, I just checked it again, it's not moved anywhere but gone.

The map near Porto cannot be perfect on this map scale, it should be between those 2 tiles
I would rather represent it this way though, the Tejo river would be too close otherwise
Also, I don't think it would be good gameplay wise if Spain could press another city (probably Vigo) between Coruna and Porto

That's a good point, I also don't want Spain to put a second city in Galicia, my main concern is the accuracy of that Leon area plateau and the accuracy of the location of those important cities on the river like Salamanca and Valladolid. So I propose leaving the mouth of the river the same, which means Porto's spot and Galicia stay the same, but now the river is where I want it to be within Spain's borders. This change probably makes the river more accurate considering there is still a slight tilt in Western Iberia. See the screenshot below.

Sry, no. It seems even the poll ended with the majority of the players wanting to see historic city spots

Pressburg and Wien aren't that big of a deal and Morholt might change up Rabat/Casablanca for the Morocco civ anyway, but... if this Toledo spawn stays the same, Madrid will never appear, ever. Only if Toledo is razed or the human goes in and manually changes city names. C'mon, it's Madrid. That's like having an indy spawn Reims that rules out Paris. OK, it's not really the same, :lol: but still, it's Madrid.

What about leaving the preferred settling tile the same on the settler map, but just changing Toledo to the other side of the river. You know when you look at the geography of Toledo, it's built in a spot where the river goes through the South side of the city, but the city center is itself South of the rest of the Tagus, I think it's not any less accurate to put it on the South side of the Tagus. This at least gives Madrid a chance.

Provinces are stored in python, not in the WB save. You didn't upload any province or settler/war map suggestions last time either ;)
So you cannot really edit them, at least not in the way I like to do it (with keeping an actual province map)
If you suggest some changes, upload a screenshot here

This: Bigger La Mancha and more to the South, plus slight changes in the Pyrenees.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    398.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    413 KB · Views: 147
This: Bigger La Mancha and more to the South, plus slight changes in the Pyrenees.

Alright, I don't see any problems with some changes in those provinces
Maybe we shouldn't expand La Mancha to all the way to Lusitania though

Alright, I don't see any problems with some changes in those provinces
Maybe we shouldn't expand La Mancha to all the way to Lusitania though

Ideally there would be another province called Extremadura. If not though, then I guess Andalucia would be OK for the Westernmost part.

What do you think of my proposals in the previous post? Oops, forgot to post the screenshot of the river. :hammer2:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    405.9 KB · Views: 198
Interesting
I found my WIP Levant-Egypt-Anatolia maps from more than 1.5 months ago
They actually look quite promising
Not even sure why I couldn't find some time to finish them, it doesn't seem it would have needed too much additional work
Any thoughts on it?

Attachments

• Levant_updates.zip
    88.7 KB · Views: 81
Top Bottom