ICBM intercepted?

Has an AI ever stopped a Nuclear attack from you.

• Yes

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters

chrisgatt7

Prince
So I was playing a test game .... I attempted to Nuke Rome with an ICBM. I was promptly intercepted three straight times by a Rome Battleship. First off Ive been playing this game since release and never ever have had one ICBM failed attempt. Second, why is the Battleships AA Bolstered by 25+ ? Thirdly what the heck lol

MODS
WARFARE RELOADED

Attachments

• anti air blostered.PNG
    anti air blostered.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
  • icbm intercepted.PNG
    icbm intercepted.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
Battleships have anti-air capabilities so will defend themselves and surrounding tiles from air attacks, including nukes. Any unit with anti-air capabilities will actually counter a nuke.

Battleships have anti-air capabilities so will defend themselves and surrounding tiles from air attacks, including nukes. Any unit with anti-air capabilities will actually counter a nuke.

Ive never had a Nuke stopped before ... and yes I know battleships have AA what i was asking is why were they bolstered by 25+ strength?

First time for everything.

Sorry, but that wasn't clear from your post.

No idea.

It had to be part of an Update recently. Even in the CIV YouTube videos it was clear it was nearly impossible to stop a nuclear attack. I wonder now what can stop a nuclear attack. I’ve tested Surface to Air missles and they were successful for ICBMs but not A bomber dropping a nuke.

Second, why is the Battleships AA Bolstered by 25+ ?

My hypothesis is Ostia's governor is Victor. One of his titles is Air Defense Initiative, that gives +25 CS to anti-air support units against aircraft and ICBMs. Let's pretend it works for all units with anti-air capabilities, and not specifically the Anti-Air Gun and the Mobile SAM.

My hypothesis is Ostia's governor is Victor. One of his titles is Air Defense Initiative, that gives +25 CS to anti-air support units against aircraft and ICBMs. Let's pretend it works for all units with anti-air capabilities, and not specifically the Anti-Air Gun and the Mobile SAM.
Wow here I thought that was a worthless perk. So any unit created in his city gets the buff or all of the units of the CIV ?

Wow here I thought that was a worthless perk. So any unit created in his city gets the buff or all of the units of the CIV ?
It says "in his city", so I'd say neither. If you have an AA unit in his city, it gets the buff regardless of where it was created. Take it out of the city limits and it loses the buff. This is the wording though, so may not be in practice.

I played my deity game out an extra 30 or so turns a few days ago and noticed that Kongo's GDRs were consistently shooting down my nukes. I think they were level 4 promoted. I had never seen a nuke get intercepted before and thought my game had crashed or something the first time it happened, lol. The point is that the AI will intercept your ICMBs, but I feel like they don't really plan for it (basically, they only managed to do it because they just had a GDR around that automatically did it for them).

I played my deity game out an extra 30 or so turns a few days ago and noticed that Kongo's GDRs were consistently shooting down my nukes. I think they were level 4 promoted. I had never seen a nuke get intercepted before and thought my game had crashed or something the first time it happened, lol. The point is that the AI will intercept your ICMBs, but I feel like they don't really plan for it (basically, they only managed to do it because they just had a GDR around that automatically did it for them).
Yea I definitely don’t believe they intend to intercept it.

Does the AI ever nuke multiple targets or do they just waste all their nukes on the same city still ?

I have used nukes a handful of times since the game came out and I have been nuked by the AI even less.

I have used nukes a handful of times since the game came out and I have been nuked by the AI even less.

sadly the more the game has progressed I see less Nuclear war and conflicts in general. Played a game over 500 turns on diety and not a single nuke drop.

Top Bottom