[ICON_DISTRICT_AERODROME] ?

Atlas627

Deity
I've been having some trouble with icons. For some reason, they are not named consistently. For example:

All resources follow the scheme [ICON_RESOURCE_NAME]
All yields follow the scheme [ICON_NAME]

But districts are all over the place. Most are [ICON_DISTRICT_NAME] but there are some exceptions. Campus, Commercial_Hub, Industrial_Zone, Aqueduct, Neighborhood, Harbor, Spaceport, and Encampment all work normally.

[ICON_DISTRICT] - this is a generic icon I don't see used anywhere in the game
[ICON_DISTRICT_WONDER] - this is another generic icon I don't see used anywhere in the game
[ICON_DISTRICT_CITYCENTER] - this is different from DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER
[ICON_DISTRICT_HOLYSITE] - same deal
[ICON_DISTRICT_ENTERTAINMENT] - not Entertainment Complex
[ICON_DISTRICT_THEATER] - not Theater Square

but I can't figure out what the Aerodrome uses. I've tried every combination I can think of, including leaving off DISTRICT, misspelling Aerodrome in any number of ways, shortening it in many ways, using any nicknames I can think of, etc. I've tried combining many of these different methods as well.

Anyone know what to do for the Aerodrome?

Last edited:
for the "normal" icon, from ..\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Icons\Icons_Districts.xml
Code:
     <Row Name="ICON_DISTRICT_AERODROME"               Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_DISTRICTS" Index="5"/>

but there is no font icon for it. (see ..\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Icons\FontIcons.xml)

I looked in there, and it doesn't match up with what I've found works.

1) How can you tell there is no font icon? The rest all have font icons, so I assume this one does too. After all, it does indicate the same number of icons per row and icons per column for each icon size, so I assume they all have all the icons.

2) In this document, they are called [ICON_DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER], [ICON_DISTRICT_ENTERTAINMENT_COMPLEX], and [ICOND_DISTRICT_THEATER], but when I go to use them the first 2 need to have their last underscore removed (and THEATER is correct just like in the game files, despite the district being called a Theater Square). If this xml file is inconsistent with how the game actually works, then how do I find where the actual value is stored?

Thanks for the help.

From file FontIcons.xml in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Icons

"ICON_" is implied to be inserted in front of the "Name" string
Code:
<GameInfo>
	<IconTextureAtlases>
		<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Baseline="4" IconSize="22" IconsPerRow="11" IconsPerColumn="25" Filename="FontIcons.dds"/>
		<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_6" Baseline="6" IconSize="22" IconsPerRow="11" IconsPerColumn="25" Filename="FontIcons.dds"/>
		<Row Name="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_8" Baseline="8" IconSize="22" IconsPerRow="11" IconsPerColumn="25" Filename="FontIcons.dds"/>
	</IconTextureAtlases>

<IconDefinitions>
		....SNIPS.....
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_CITYCENTER" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="176"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_CAMPUS" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="177"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_COMMERCIAL_HUB" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="178"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_ENCAMPMENT" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="179"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_HOLYSITE" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="180"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_LAVRA" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="181"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_NEIGHBORHOOD" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="181"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_MBANZA" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="181"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_THEATER" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="182"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="182"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_AQUEDUCT" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="183"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_BATH" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="183"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_HARBOR" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="184"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_ROYAL_NAVY_DOCKYARD" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="184"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_INDUSTRIAL_ZONE" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="185"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_HANSA" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="185"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_SPACEPORT" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="186"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_WONDER" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="187"/>
		<Row Name="DISTRICT_ENTERTAINMENT" Atlas="ICON_ATLAS_FONT_ICON_BASELINE_4" Index="188"/>
		....SNIPS.....
	</IconDefinitions>
</GameInfo>
As Gedemon says there is none assigned to the Aerodrome district.

Firaxis = "not really always consistent about anything"

Darn. This looks like the right proof, since all the other names match up to what I've found. Thanks.

I looked in there, and it doesn't match up with what I've found works.

1) How can you tell there is no font icon? The rest all have font icons, so I assume this one does too. After all, it does indicate the same number of icons per row and icons per column for each icon size, so I assume they all have all the icons.

2) In this document, they are called [ICON_DISTRICT_CITY_CENTER], [ICON_DISTRICT_ENTERTAINMENT_COMPLEX], and [ICOND_DISTRICT_THEATER], but when I go to use them the first 2 need to have their last underscore removed (and THEATER is correct just like in the game files, despite the district being called a Theater Square). If this xml file is inconsistent with how the game actually works, then how do I find where the actual value is stored?

Thanks for the help.
The normal icons use a convention for naming, else the game won't be able to display them (the UI looks for an icon based on the type name of the related object), the FontIcons doesn't need this convention as they are called explicitly.

The number of icons per row and per column doesn't means that there are row*column icons available, just have a look at any icon files in the SDK assets, and more specifically to FontIcons.dds, you'll see that the Aerodrome icon does not exist at all, it not simply an oversight in the FontIcons.xml

about your point 2), which document ? I've listed 2.

The normal icons use a convention for naming, else the game won't be able to display them (the UI looks for an icon based on the type name of the related object), the FontIcons doesn't need this convention as they are called explicitly.

The number of icons per row and per column doesn't means that there are row*column icons available, just have a look at any icon files in the SDK assets, and more specifically to FontIcons.dds, you'll see that the Aerodrome icon does not exist at all, it not simply an oversight in the FontIcons.xml

about your point 2), which document ? I've listed 2.

Interesting. And yes, you said it all correctly the first time, I simply misunderstood. Thanks!

Top Bottom