[IDEA] Civ-flexible GEM

civfan613

Warlord
In short:
Since maps are easily text-editable, I had an idea that was somewhat bothering me ever since.
Why not make a user-adjustable GEM?
All I need is: a civ-blank GEM, a list of currently available civs, text entries for those civs (including starting locations) and a simple program for creating "temporary" GEMs with the chosen civs.
This way, you can make "themed" GEMs (or simply choose your competition) - or maybe even first steps towards TIMED civ-spawns (yes, another step towards RFC-ization of C2C).
If anyone is at least remotely interested, I can make such a micro-modmod maybe next week. :)

I like the idea and will try it out, giving some feedback, once I am back from my vacation. GEM is the crown jewel of C2C, the better it works the more of its content will be coming in at the right place at the right time. Imo, thats pretty important as C2C is a mod without fantasy (alternative timelines are somehow plausible), so (more or less) realistic development is one of the main sources for fun (at least for me).

I'm yet to make that choosing program (though I think it won't be too hard to do in Game Maker; will do it next week, cause I'm busy now)...
But WHEN it's DONE - we'll have a nice GEM tool to play with. :)

Top Bottom