1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

IDEA: Coastal Trading Posts get bonuses for sea trade routes next to them

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by aom123, Mar 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. aom123

aom123 Chieftain

Basically the title. Sitting in isolation musing about stuff, thought about the above idea.

I think it makes sense, given how important coastal trading posts have been throughout history.

Could also be expanded with Portugal too?

Thoughts?

2. XplosiveLun

XplosiveLun A humble village

I think this has been discussed long time ago. Don't remember the details.

3. aom123

aom123 Chieftain

Is that because it was a pain to implement? I can't imagine it would be OP, unless I'm missing something.

4. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I will say that traditionally we did land TRs both to help villages and to make land TRs a bit more enticing against sea. In many ways I've gone the opposite, sea TRs are so hard to protect that I default to land TRs now when I can.

5. Tugboatspotter

Tugboatspotter Warlord

I use all land trade routes with one sea route for CS quests. I like where the game is currently with villages and towns - optimizing and protecting your routes is important.

I accept that sea routes probably need buffed and the OPs suggestion is reasonable, although I don't know how practical it would be to implement.