Idea for a new trait: Adaptive, gives food from Ice, Tundra and Desert

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword
I would make this myself, but its beyond my abilities(dont know python). Does anyone know if this has been made or do they have it? I know Platyping made something like this, but its not on the forums anymore.

Would someone with python skills be willing to make this? Thankyou in advance.

If you can't find a python partner, I think you could do something similar using a civic if you're trying to ameliorate Tundra starts.

Fall from Heaven already has that as a feature for some civs. Just look at what they did.

I actually like that idea. :thumbsup:
Might implement it for our mod WTP (Civ4Col).

I would however implement it in DLL (and XML configurable).
Really do not like personally to implement stuff like that in Python.

Last edited:
It is my understanding that if you do it in python than the AI can't see it.

It is my understanding that if you do it in python than the AI can't see it.
Correct, if you want to teach things like that to AI then you have to implement it in DLL logic. :thumbsup:
(Otherwise AI will most likely not even know that it exists and not calculate Yields from Plots correctly - e.g. when considering where to settle.)

Whenever it is relevant for AI logic: Put it in the DLL.
(Also code that is critical for performance should always be DLL.)

Last edited:
A commendably elegant solution.

Sometimes you have to use some creativity to overcome your limits. I'm still discovering how much you can actually do with improvements. You can have them over time evolve into different improvements, the cottage system does this already, I'm figuring out how far I can take this evolving improvement idea actually.

Sometimes you have to use some creativity to overcome your limits. I'm still discovering how much you can actually do with improvements. You can have them over time evolve into different improvements, the cottage system does this already, I'm figuring out how far I can take this evolving improvement idea actually.
That's part of what I was thinking about with the civics thing. You can also attach those improvements to civics ala windmill and watermill.

Not sure if it requires DLL but there is a mod component that adds Unique Civics. I was very excited when I saw that. If its simply python that would be awesome. A lot of possibilities there.

You could do it without python with the 'requires tech' option. You could just give certain civs a tech unique to them. For example, to start the game you could have Germany start with a tech called Germanism, which then centuries later leads to a tech called Germanic Civic which requires Feudalism.

Top Bottom