Idea for Civ VI Air Combat

Nobody wants to see air combat be more interesting?

Well so far, not much has been showed about air combat, so it's hard to find ways to improve what we don't know.

In any case, I'm all for adding some complexity to air combat. I hated that in Civ V you couldn't use planes to explore / recon.

I also disliked that unlike many WW2 hex-strategy games and previous Civ games, in Civ V you were not allowed to finish the turn in the air. Heck you couldn't even decide where the planes should go or what they should bomb (in Civ2 for instance you could choose what building to target).

Hello everybody, ZT here.

I have some ideas for air combat, mainly the use of a squadron system for air combat, in the spirit of the corps system.

Feel free to check out my video and comment here or on youtube with your thoughts on the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0qJsik4p60

well you got moved to the ideas subforum.

Also you are talking about mixed groups, Corps/armies/fleets are all single unit groups (ie Infantry army= only 3 Infantry no Tank, Artillery, etc. added)

The idea sounds good, but essentially its just speeding up the process.

also it seems like air will be highly limited
Air Districts handle 4 units (maybe more)
Cities handle 2
Not sure how many an air base handles but I would surprised if it was more than 2

They could solve a number of the problems just by making it clearer, so that you knew the anti air coverage anywhere you could bomb.

Air Districts handle 4 units (maybe more)
Cities handle 2

How do you know that?

At least in the last stream, in Kongo Biplanes couldn't be built without an aerodrome, so it feels to me that only aerodromes will be able to "house" planes.

How do you know that?

At least in the last stream, in Kongo Biplanes couldn't be built without an aerodrome, so it feels to me that only aerodromes will be able to "house" planes.

There was a "city center" tooltip.

And just because the aerodrome is the only place that builds them, doesn't mean it should be the only place to house them

After all we know about carriers and airfields, why not cities having a plane or 2 in them.

And just because the aerodrome is the only place that builds them, doesn't mean it should be the only place to house them

After all we know about carriers and airfields, why not cities having a plane or 2 in them.

Fair point. Although I think that carriers and airfields are clearly meant to house planes, while cities in my logic don't.

Well so far, not much has been showed about air combat, so it's hard to find ways to improve what we don't know.

In any case, I'm all for adding some complexity to air combat. I hated that in Civ V you couldn't use planes to explore / recon.

I also disliked that unlike many WW2 hex-strategy games and previous Civ games, in Civ V you were not allowed to finish the turn in the air. Heck you couldn't even decide where the planes should go or what they should bomb (in Civ2 for instance you could choose what building to target).

Having the ability to reckon is a great idea actually. How could I not even thought of that XD

Yes, it would also be nice to have a plane view that would activate when you click on plane units. This view would perhaps show what tiles are defended by enemy planes / AA.

Although I don't have an opinion yet on whether you should be informed of enemy air resistance without seeing/scouting it first.

Top Bottom