Idea for new American leader

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by GT_OKEZ, Nov 14, 2016.

1. GT_OKEZ

GT_OKEZ Warlord

Donald Trump

Unique ability: "The Art of the Deal." Trump receives bonus gold equal to production when trading internally but suffers a -40% gold bonus penalty when initiating trade with foreign civilizations. Foreign civilizations initiating trade with Trump receive an additional 20% bonus gold per trade route. ( Similar to Cleo's food bonus she offers other Civs, Trade route becomes available to Trump's nearest city upon meeting him not requiring a trade post to get to the first nearest city). Trump also receives a 50% discount when constructing all wall structures

Reasoning: Trump wants to boost America's economy by focusing on internal production but suggests tariffs when trading with some foreign countries (some suggest as high as 40%) and Trump wants to be more in control of trade deals. Trump is known for his 'wall' stance and I thought it would be fitting to include that.

Unique District : Mar-a-Lago. Replaces neighborhood district and available at guilds (similar to Mvemba). Mar-a-Lagos provide a production bonus equal to the neighborhood's appeal.

Reasoning: Trump is a lifelong real estate developer & producer and I think it should be incorporated somehow.

Leader agenda: "Make America Great Again" Likes civilizations with trade routes to America but does not like civilizations with trade routes to other non-American civilizations. (If you have more trade routes to other Civs than you have with Trump it will earn negative diplomacy).

I could inject some humor here but I was thinking about how it can really be viable. Thoughts?

2. FangoriousFae

FangoriousFae Chieftain

Perhaps add something to his ability that makes it so that citizens who have been converted to a foreign religion will be automatically but slowly killed by other citizens?

Additional feature: attempting to make deals with Trump will prompt him to immediately cancel the deal and yell "Wrong" at you.

Moderator Action: The OP asked for serious suggestions, not trollish commentary.

My bad, though I was being entirely serious. The Leader Ability and Agenda systems allow for a lot more personality to show from the leaders, and I want the game and modders to take as much advantage of these as possible to make the leaders as colorful and unique as possible. I will stop on the subject of this particular person though.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  3. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Warlord

Seems like it would be a fun civ. Would probably have to be a mod though, as I do not see them being willing to take the risk of possibly offending any of their potential consumers.

4. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

Lana del Rey for American leader

Unique Ability: National Anthem - Double great prophet, musician, writer and artist points. Double yields from tiles surrounding wonders. Wonders generate great prophet, musician, writer and artist points

Unique Unit: Cult Leader - Replaces Apostle. Extra convert charge. Bonus theological strenght when attacking/defending against missionaries/apostles from religions with more followers

Leader Agenda: Honeymoon - Likes civilizations who break their promises to other civs. Dislikes civilizations who break their promises to America

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    GT_OKEZ likes this.
  5. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Trade focus is cool, but the implementation sounds a bit boring to me, gameplay-wise, and it's a too... eehhh... serious approach in my opinion.
    A controversial character such as Donald Trump deserves a more... controversial approach in my opinion, so here's my idea:

The Art of the Deal
    - Trade Routes established with other Civilizations increase a City's Production and Growth by 5% (or more, if necessary) (symbolizing economic growth by blue collar workers producing stuff that can be exported - and gameplay wise: Make this Civ use external Trade Routes!)
    - Whenever a Trade Route with a foreign Civilization finishes your city gains +3 Population, but Gold generation in that city is permanently decreased by 15% (5% per Population, symbolizing illegals entering your borders and draining your welfare system - jeeeez. :D)

The Art of Deportation
    - Unique Project (costs scale by Population in a city). Removes Population equal to the amount of Population that was gained from Trade Routes, and restores a city to its default gold production. Causes a small diplomatic penalty with every Civilization on the map

Overall you would have rather unique gameplay - you strongly benefit from external trade routes but you would struggle with keeping your relationship with other leaders intact if you just deport all the illegals (jeeeez!), so you have to also balance your diplomatic relations against your Gold income.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  6. GT_OKEZ

GT_OKEZ Warlord

Well if we're doing humor:

Automatically starts with negative diplomacy vs. CHYNA, Arabia, and any civilization following Islam. Cannot spread Islam to Trump.
    Cannot enact open borders.
    Deports illegals (-minus city population point when in a war but suffers -50% less war wariness when in war)
    If you have a trade route established with another civ your walls are free or discounted (making them pay for it)
    Broadcast towers are replaced with Trump towers ( getting rid of the mainstream media in favor of Trump's glory)
    Trump gains additional diplomatic visibility with social media ( twitter)

7. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Warlord

I have been thinking about this for a while, and this is what I have come up with. (Not sure about the names though, that's my disclaimer.)

Unique ability: "The Art of the Deal": All industrial buildings provide gold equal to the production they provide.

Unique Unit: (Can't come up with a name for this one, but the concept should still work.) A trader replacement that all ways moves 4 tiles despite terrain and provides +5 gpt.

Unique Wonder (Could you even make a Unique wonder, not sure about that.) : Trump Tower, must be built next to a Commercial Hub with a Stock Exchange. Provides +5 food (for anyone wondering about the food, it is to simulate people moving to the city for work.), +25 gpt, and + 10 production.

Leader agenda: "Make America Great Again" Likes civilizations who send trade routes to America and dislikes who use Nukes or declare war. Will try to make as much gpt as possible and have the largest Military.

Some of the values may need to be brought down, but I feel like this would make a fun civ to play as and with.

8. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

But that's again just a number of random bonuses that don't really add up to any specified playstyle.

9. GT_OKEZ

GT_OKEZ Warlord

A Trump play style should reflect a strong economy through trade and a powerful military. IMO that's the most consistent with the RL Donald Trump.

GameBoy2000 likes this.
  10. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Warlord

Agreed. (Though with balancing you might end up with a civ that has a huge economy to support a huge army.)

11. SirSaab

SirSaab Warlord

We'd need a new Great Merchant:

Steve Bannon
    Ability: Can only be triggered by a Civilization following the Facism government type. All Broadcast Centers produce +2 culture, and Commercial Hubs reduce war weariness by 2% (cumulative bonus), up to 50%. Permanently suffer -1 diplomatic visibility with all civilizations.

12. daft

daft The fargone

I'd say JFK. Now, what would his agenda be like?

13. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

As I mentioned in another similar thread:

Leader: Franklin Pierce

LUA: Gadsden Purchase (able to purchase tiles from another civ or city state (that are neither the seller's city centre nor those directly adjacent to the seller's city centre) that directly border the American civ for twice as much gold as compared with purchasing tiles from neutral territory; half of the gold purchase would go to the civ losing territory and may lead to negative relationship modifiers)

I find this LUA interesting, given that unlike Civ IV (culture-flipping) or Civ V (citadel bombing or culture bombing), there's no way to flip another civ's tiles to you in Civ VI. Playing against Pierce next to you would be a fun challenge. I also chose Pierce because it would be interesting to have a lesser known president to lead the American Empire.

14. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Warlord

Just to offer my 2 cents, I fell this would be fine i single player, but I feel like it would be unbalanced in multiplayer.