1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for Poland

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by AtlantaMarty, Jun 11, 2019.

1. AtlantaMarty

AtlantaMarty No longer active

Poland has it really rough, since it has to grow to the point where it can outfood France by 1520, despite the Mongol invasions, which make expansion difficult until 1300, at which point Poland is boxed in by Hungary, which is hard to invade geographically and Lithuania, which is hard to invade because of the Bajoras.

Therefore, I propose adding a settler and missionary, and two archers to the Polish start, so that they have a better chance of success.

2. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

I dont think so.

Polands UU is very good but too late. They need a boost in the early knight era (1200-1500) so they can go and take the land they need. Also +1 settler wont really help, but some production boost. Maybe an extra hammer for each church and monastery. That would more likely promote they unique power as well.

3. AtlantaMarty

AtlantaMarty No longer active

It's mostly to help with UHV1 (make the most food). A fourth settler in the spawn makes it possible to found Breslau from the start (in addition to Danzig, Warsaw, and Posen - Cracow is already founded and flips to you), and Breslau's Barley makes it easier for your entire empire to grow.

Also having another city from the start makes it easier to field the army necessary to successfully conquer the Kresy for UHV2.

4. SanJose

SanJose Chieftain

main polish trouble - strong neighbors and small list of luxury

5. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

I still think that hammer is the main issue. They just can produce enough units/buildings. And in early game there is no way to make productive cities. Krakow is the only decent. I never build Warsawa at the start due to low production.

6. gilgames

gilgames Priest-King

I tried them again. It was a really smooth runing game. Ill post a few save games if anybody wants to try it. You get 3 settlers and 1 city will flip. I built one more an focused on them. choosed the most productive places while maintained a border watch. (border watch: dont settle too close to your province borders.) I hade enough AL to fend off the mongols, went for Plate armor asap, and got Borough s c. in 1400+ moped kiev, in 1500+ moped lithuania. in 1600+ i waged war againt many neighbors...at the end i fell behind but managed tohe UHVs.

Attached Files: