1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for Religion: Holy City States

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by craig123, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Michl2602

Michl2602 Warlord

I'm not a fan of "organized religion" of any kind also. But there is an important difference: protestants have no celibacy.
    I think that sublimation mechanisms caused by celibacy lead to those "luciferian doctrines" bringing up inquisition afterwards.
    Protestants were always a bit milder in their opinions and methods, and while they of course also lost touch to Luther's proclamations meanwhile, they at least started up with something useful.
    But you are right: In today's globalized economy we are better off not to exactly know in which ways "organized religions" take part (not to speak of the comitted crimes throughout history).
    But still there are people like Catholic bishop Kreitler in South America, which are real Christians and giving all they have to get the world to the better. But another problem is: If someone really follows the word of God too long, he gets excommunicated, if he happens to be Catholic. :(

2. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Great job. :goodjob: I'll have to make sure I check it out some time.

3. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

Moderator Action: Please keep the religious discussions to OT forum

4. THE ONLY

THE ONLY Chieftain

I figured that City states would belong to their respective civs , just that each would have their own religion. There's a mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=410219 "Religious City States". So, If the player would decide to choose another religion other than that of the city state,war would ensue immediately,or lose aliance with the city state.

5. generalwar

generalwar Philosopher

Who'd have said that religious city-states will become part of civ 5? It looked impossible, UNTIL NOW! Can't wait for that expansion! :)

6. craig123

craig123 Prince

I know! They've obviously gone for a different approach to religion than the one I proposed, but when I read the words "Religious city-states" I felt strangely satisfied. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to the expansion now; the religion mechanic sounds like it will be really fun (almost as good as my suggestion :mischief:).

:bowdown: Firaxis :salute: