1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea: Guided Missiles cost no maintenance

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Stalker0, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

While we tried to give guided missiles a niche, they are just not a great unit for humans to use because humans need to get a lot of continuous value for their units.

However, there is one niche that we have not explored, a niche that would signify the "cheap" cost in the guided missiles description.

What if we removed the maintenance cost from the guided missile?

So now, while the missile still remains a weak weapon, it has a niche for a player whose primary concern is money. If you are already breaking the bank on your army, this is a way to supplement more forces....consuming your Air Slots for more power at no ongoing cost.

Flavorwise, though of course missiles get maintenance (everything does), in the grand scheme, missiles that just sit in their silos need less maintenance than modern troops and aircraft that are training and moving about.

2. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Warlord

I agree. I experimented a little with guided missiles and found them utterly useless against units. But because of what they are and that they are quite a niche unit, I think they should be an excellent weapon against ships.

A single suicidal missile (which divides itself in several smaller warheads) is enough to take down powerful ship down. So we can add +150% strength against naval or make them inflict substantial splash damage on hit (low damage as now but hits up to 7 units at once).
    It would be still no replacement for a navy and expensive solution, but it would add to costal defence against carpets of enemies ships if you have only one or two coastal cities.

This should also rectify a bit now very tedious coastal cities defence. What do you think?

3. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

All oil missiles must be no maintance cost & no military supply.

4. wabab

wabab Chieftain

Definitely agree, though I would take it a step further and make them more powerful, but with vastly increased cost. They should be the "non-nuclear" missile option, having similar effects but no fall-out, no population damage to cities, smaller AoE, vastly decreased damage, and lower range. Same restrictions as nuclear missiles (can't buy them, can't rush them), with the exception of no uranium cost.

This would give them more utility (good for defense, offense, and city sieges), but would require substantial resources and need to be used carefully since spamming them isn't an option.

Cokolwiek likes this.
  5. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Warlord

I do not agree on more increased costs and more power to the missiles. They are already last resort weapon and already very, very expensive considering they die after use. Make them specialized anti-naval and siege unit. I was thinking more of coastal tradition defense, which lack both production and gold late game, and are military supply starved, than adding more weapons to the warmongers arsenal.

6. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

There was a time when I considered incorporating Glorious Supreme Leader into a VP compatible civ; the main focus was centered on a late game UU Guided Missile.

7. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Warlord

The moment Glorious Supreme Leader earned my trust and respect for his great taste in arts was when he changed his schedule to attend Red Velvet concert in Pyongayang.

He confirmed his position as a man of culture and whoever deligthes in Red Velvet obtained my trust, even with nuclear missiles.

Gosh, I am really, really considering changing my avatar from Nayeon to Irene. We are two Korea-enlightened users as of now. Spread the revolution! The South and the North should unite and win culturally over the world.

Spoiler :

Kim Dong Un likes this.
  8. tommytoxen

tommytoxen Warlord

i thought missiles no supply was integrated now already?