1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Idea] Pacific/Indian front

Discussion in 'R.E.D. World War II Edition' started by Skibbi, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Skibbi

Skibbi Prince

I believe that we need a pacific war starting in 1937. It should be a plain pacific map with China, India and Burma.
    I believe that the playable nations should be:
    • British Empire
    • Australia
    • America
    • French Indo-China
    • Japan
    • China
    Manchuria should be Japanese.
    Singapore should have around 60 :c5strength: with a howitzer or something along the lines of that.
    There should be a few "fall of" and other events:
    • Fall of Malaya. A Japanese fleet of Battleships and an amphibious army arrives at Singapore.
    • Fall of Burma. A few British Ghurkha units appear at the Indian border.
    • Pearl Harbour bombing. A Japanese aircraft carrier with amphibious bombers attacks pear harbour on 10th of December (I know it was 7th but not in this mod).
    • Fall of Iwo Jima. A few American bombers appear.
    • Kokoda victory. Triggered when Japan's invasion of kokoda is defeated, causes an increase in military production and re-enforcements in Australia.
    I cannot make this mod because my computer crashes when I open the software. Also, I suck.

2. gargoyle575

gargoyle575 Chieftain

I was trying to make a Pacific map that would be like the North American & European Scenario, only with Asia, the Pacific, and the US west coast. But worldbuilder keeps crashing when I open it.

3. Skibbi

Skibbi Prince

World Builder crashes on booting up for me!

4. MrManilow

MrManilow Chieftain

I had a problem with world builder too. After it crashes the first time, go to task manager and end the civ 5 process. And then try to open it again. It works for me, dunno if it will work for anyone else

5. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

any 1937 map with japan/china/india burma fundamentally needs at least australia and indonesia as well. I could understand if it was "American/commonwealth" as a single nation, with large cities and halfway sufficient industry in india and large unit spawnsa nd reinforcements from the eastern pacific, but you need to include it.

6. Skibbi

Skibbi Prince

Australia would be part of the British Empire.
    It was a dominion at the time.

7. civrocks1

civrocks1 Chieftain

Australia (and New Zealand) were independent countries that formed the ANZAC coalition. Having a separate ANZAC player would allow an ANZAC UU like the Australian Infantry (Bonus while fighting on jungle/forest)

8. green slime

green slime Chieftain

Any WW2 game would be better for having a Commonwealth state, rather than count each individual nation state in the Commonwealth. There never was any doubt that the dominions were going to support the UK, nor was there ever any real possibility of a separate peace negotiated between, as example, say Australia and Japan.

And why on Earth would Australians have a bonus for fighting in the Jungle? Adding Unique Units for the sake of adding unique units doesn't really do the game any justice. Unique units should Add something, represent something real. Such as mountain divisions. Ski Divisions. Mechanised Infantry. Not diggers. In 1941,the 2nd AIF was not specifically trained nor equipped for jungle warfare.

As for "Anzac Coalition"
    ANZAC (Hint: WWI reference)

Neither Australia nor New Zealand were really free to draw up their own grand strategies in WW2. Quibbling about where to send a division or two is not sufficient proof of strategic independance. Grand Strategy was drawn up by the Combined Chiefs of Staff and Allied Conferences, none of which had Antipodean representation beyond Imperial (UK/Commonwealth), representation.

Furthermore having a "Commonwealth" player allows Units from India, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the UK to stack. Which makes sense, given the similarities in command structure.

When Singapore fell, 80,000 Commonwealth soldiers were captured: Indians, British, New Zealanders, & Australians. That is apart from the 50,000 Commonwealth already captured in the Malayan campaign.