[Idea] People demands

Nimek

Emperor
Background

In every civ is you want to be a ruler you must remember about your peoples needs. If you forget about it they will rebel against you.

Remember your peoples demands rises with technology progress. Modern man expect more from ruler than prehistoric one.

Gameplay implementation

Peoples demand will work like special buildings with negative stats autobuildable at some technologies. They will require some things to disappear. (they will vanish when their requirements will met).

Since we have a lot of every day use resources and overhapinnes problem i think this is good idea taht makes city management more realistic.

Demands Examples

Source of light (demand) +1 :mad:
"We want to have source of light in our houses"
- require torches or candle or oil lamps or electricity to disappear

Medical services (demand) +1 :mad:
"We want access to health care services"
- require hospital or healers hut etc

Clothes (demand) +1 :mad: +1 :yuck:
"We want warm clothes and shoes"
- reqiuire clothes and shoes

Pottery (demand) +1 :mad:
"We want pottery in our home "
- require pottery or ceramics

Fresh fruits (demand)
"We want to have more complex diet"
- require apples or others fruits etc

I want to make city happy management a bit more complicated and realistic.
I wait for your opinions and if you will like it and someone will wan to program demand system. I make do the full list of it. Even unemployment system can be part of it.

I really like your ideas... Would they just add to the current demands such as "we yearn to join our motherland"?

I really like your ideas... Would they just add to the current demands such as "we yearn to join our motherland"?

No they will act as another tab in buildings list
(demands will act as buildings like crime and disease) because they will need specified tech and/or city size to autobuild.

It would be cool if these demands could be influenced by other civs, similiar to having penalty when some civ adopt democracy

Yes,

Civics should influence demands, like

Slavery: "We want slaves for the dirty work" +1 :mad: if there are none (slave market could help) - btw. are slaves a resource yet?

State Church "We need a place to pray" - req. Temple or Cathedral or ...

I'd like this idea. More purpose to those resources.
Yes,

Civics should influence demands, like

Slavery: "We want slaves for the dirty work" +1 :mad: if there are none (slave market could help) - btw. are slaves a resource yet?

State Church "We need a place to pray" - req. Temple or Cathedral or ...
Slaves are not a resource yet. But you have just given me an idea....

Bump. This was mentioned in the other thread.

I like this idea. I made a similar suggestion about cities building buildings which the citizens want, if the player neglects to do so for too long. Obviously this would often be buildings that you had pretty much decided not to build, although there would be some more 'neutral' ones also.

If done I would name it the opposite so they can all be found in alpha order such as Demand (Pottery).

Overall I think this is not a bad idea, however I wonder if it would make the early game extremely difficult. So I think possibly the demands should be limited to city size. Such as no demand for X resource until the city reaches size 6.

Or even no demand until another building is made.

If done I would name it the opposite so they can all be found in alpha order such as Demand (Pottery).

Overall I think this is not a bad idea, however I wonder if it would make the early game extremely difficult. So I think possibly the demands should be limited to city size. Such as no demand for X resource until the city reaches size 6.

Or even no demand until another building is made.

If the demands were tech enabled I don't see that theywouldimpact the early game too much. For instance,eople won't demand potty as soon as it is invented, but later when they realize its benefits, so for example demand (pottery) might be enabled at mosaic working or something slightly downs tam of pottery itself.

If the demands were tech enabled I don't see that theywouldimpact the early game too much. For instance,eople won't demand potty as soon as it is invented, but later when they realize its benefits, so for example demand (pottery) might be enabled at mosaic working or something slightly downs tam of pottery itself.

They must really have to use the bathroom to demand "potty". :lol:

They must really have to use the bathroom to demand "potty". :lol:

If you don't have enough toilets in your city, they won't be very happy that's for sure.

Hmm we don't have a Chamberpot maker So having a demand for something Else then the walls of the house to piss on wouldn't yet be possible :p

Top Bottom