[IDEA]Scientific Revolutions

Another related thing I've wondered about; is there any way to have the open terrain bonus for ranged units *not* apply when shooting at naval units?
It's complicated but the short answer is "yes." These are what we have access to:

• Global variables:
    FLAT_LAND_EXTRA_DEFENSE
    HILLS_EXTRA_DEFENSE
  • Feature "Defense" variable (features are forest, floodplains, etc).
  • Promotion variables:
    OpenAttack
    OpenDefense
    RoughAttack
    RoughDefense
  • Two promotion tables, Terrains and Features. These tables have several options:
    Attack
    Defense
    DoubleMove
    Impassable
    PassableTech
In order to affect ships and land units seperately, I'd set the "flat_land" global variable to 0, and create a promotion for every unit in the game which uses the Terrains table to affect all tiles but water.

@Txurce
Right now I'm looking for simple solutions that can be done with quick number tweaks, since I'm focusing most of my current efforts on ensuring the mod is bug-free.

@Txurce
Right now I'm looking for simple solutions that can be done with quick number tweaks, since I'm focusing most of my current efforts on ensuring the mod is bug-free.

I definitely know that what I proposed is pretty major, even if only partly implemented. I was just making sure that your consideration of it hadn't fallen by the wayside. I should have known better!

In order to affect ships and land units seperately, I'd set the "flat_land" global variable to 0, and create a promotion for every unit in the game which uses the Terrains table to affect all tiles but water.
Ok. This might be worth doing eventually, but it sounds like a fair amount of work for not that much gain, so it should be low priority.

Now that I think about it, defense should be lowered on flatland, but raised on flatland+forest, yet by the same amount as hill+forest. I'm not sure those combinations are possible with only the Terrain and Feature promotion tables. :think:

However, I've been experimenting with some of the other values and think I've found a simple solution... doing some more testing.

Top Bottom