Idea/Wish for Adviser Panel.

motku

Chieftain
Before I begin, realize that I'm aware more 3-D animations means more processing which many not be wanted for a smooth game on older machines. I'm also aware (hence posting this as a wish) that within this current development window we are unlikely to see this for release.

This idea came from thinking about how some people wanted to see their own faction leader much as we see other faction leaders during diplomacy. Getting a sense of how our affinity has pushed us one way or another.

Then I thought, what if we had our little panel of four advisers represented not as flat and simple drawings, but as a committee panel or round table type experience.

We could then have our Economic, Foreign, Militaristic and Scientific advisers as people who update with our affinity progression; but equally represent the original 21st century culture that they came from (at least at the start).

In this way you have a sense of that culture you came from when you open your advisor panel. This would be based of the regionality on old earth that made the bulk of your people adding into the main flavor; The Pan-Asian Cooperative would be mostly Chinese/Mongolian while Polystralia would be a variety of Oceanic peoples. But then another additional flavor may show, ARC may have more of a corporate/spy and controlled vibe, while Brasilia may be more militaristic as a basic team appearance.

These people would equally update with the affinity choice; very similar to the update the leaders themselves have.

Furthermore, this similar rendering of advisers could show up behind said leader during diplomacy. Permitting the player to see how diverse and wild each team seems to get with affinity levels.

Each adviser should keep something, perhaps a badge, hat, or sash in their color; Gold, Purple, Red, and Blue. Regardless of the affinity blend (and therefore coloration) they acquire later on. I would love to see the occasional Supremacy team where a fully uploaded AI appears (CNDR like) on the team, or the full on regalia of a Purity inspired collective.

I know that us accomplished players don't heed this panel that often, and I feel a visual kick such as this would inspire us to look at it now and again.

But seriously team of developers, consider this as a supplemental to an expansion or something. I'd rather see the game out and in a fine working order than such lovely frills as this might add.

Instead of the four Civ V advisors that you ignore, Beyond Earth appears to have a single AI advisor named ADVISR for you to ignore.

Yes, the Annoying Distracting Very Incompetent Substandard Robot. :D

And what's wrong with all the names? ADVISR, SABR, CNDR. I could read SABR as saber but had no clue about how CNDR is pronounced. (It was cinder btw) Do they hate vowels?

and what's wrong with all the names? Advisr, sabr, cndr. I could read sabr as saber but had no clue about how cndr is pronounced. (it was cinder btw) do they hate vowels?

Rbts hve n such pprnt dslk f vwls.

W jst dn't s th pnt f thm.

consonants are usually enough to discern singular words and therefore those vowels omitted would be redundant. Its a very basic compression algorithm. It would work with a dictionary though, to leave some vowels in, where there two words would result in the same consonant sequence when cutting all vowels. Thats why some vowels remain. Especcially english is a very vowel heavy language and cutting all vowels without system would lead to confusion only.

Ds st wsntlch enfchr in Dtsch als in Nglsch

Is everyone speaking in Gaelic now? :D

So much so, that a number of early writing systems omit vowels - Hebrew, Arabic, Phoenician, etc. Unfortunately, this can lead to some ambiguity, which can be especially troublesome in religious texts. :D

Which is why, in many of those languages, to address ambiguities in reading/pronunciation, diacritical marks came to be used to indicate vowels or tonal changes (examples include the Arabic harakat and Hebrew niqqud systems), but diacrits were often a later innovation (and therefore usually absent in ancient texts).

Top Bottom