Idea

I was thinking about an ideia I got after seeing Sisuitil's ALC games for CIV4 is to do myself a ALC for civ5 so waht you guys think about that?

If you like that suggest an order on which I would play. I already decidie my first two games with civ5 one as Rome another as Siam.

And what does ALC stand for, for the people who do not live inside your mind.
It's All Leaders Challenge. As Sisiutili describes it:
The idea of the All Leaders Challenge is that I'm going to play a game with each of the Civ IV leaders--mostly the less popular ones--that I haven't tried before on my current difficulty level, Prince. With the help of all the posters who participate, I will attempt to make the most of the leader's traits, starting techs, and UU. Aside from the leader, the other game settings are kept constant, at their defaults, for the sake of comparison. I will post the saved game files, screenshots, and status reports here as the game progresses. Everyone then has a chance to chime in with their strategy ideas, or voice their frustration when I make a mistake. ;)

Everyone is invited to offer opinions and advice, and make your own attempt at playing the same game. But if you do play a "shadow game", I kindly request that you refrain from posting spoilers--i.e. any facts or even hints about the map, opponents, and so on--before I'm there myself. I'm trying to play the game as authentically as possible.

And what does ALC stand for, for the people who do not live inside your mind.

ALC = All Leaders Chellange Schuesseled I don't know if you know about Sisutil's ALC for civ4 but if you don't I advice you to check it. Some very good strategies are shown there.

A quick google search told me All Leaders Challenge.

EDIT: Beaten to it

I wasn't correcting you. I was trying to answer Schuesseled's question. Está bem :)

Alright people here is a tentive list for the order of which I will play the 18 civs

I will follow Alphabetical order, that means I will start with America and Washington all the way to Songhai and Askia what you think of this order?

How come you speak Portuguese?;)

Because he's Greek?

Seriously what kind of question is that.

Anyways thank you, for letting us know what that obscure acronym means, much obliged.

Alright people here is a tentive list for the order of which I will play the 18 civs

I will follow Alphabetical order, that means I will start with America and Washington all the way to Songhai and Askia what you think of this order?

Actually pretty confusing are you going for ascending starting with America, or going for descending starting with Washington.

Actually I was planning to go from A to Z by civilization name That means we will start as America and end with Songhai that is if until then we don't get an exapansion release. I might do some with the DLC civs as well and that includes Babylon.

thanks SeptimusOctopus but I would like to hear some words from the master himself Sisuitil.

How come you speak Portuguese?;)

Because he opened translator.

I speak 41 languages.

Yeah, that's the winner. I do speak a little bit of Spanish and a lot of Italian, though. The only Portuguese I know is Obrigado.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to wait until the game comes out and start with the less popular civs first. That will help keep people's interest.

That's a good idea, but before you start, you should probably make it to Prince level, which I believe is the new Noble level. Just because games on the lower difficulty levels wouldn't be very educational.

I would recommend King difficulty (Monarch) as it represents a reasonable challenge, although it all depends on how skillfull the player, which will also dictate the worth of the "ALC" for providing information and strategy to other players. I suppose the best way would be to play Deity even, as you will really need to maximise your strategy on the leader to win. Notedly, it would take a long time to get through the ALC when your having to do many games before finding and perfecting the strategy to even attempt a win.

Top Bottom