Idea

Then there's the debate over speed. A lot of hard ore civvers (TMIT, for one) aren't huge fans of the slower speeds, whereas a lot of us play epic and marathon.

Would you be playing normal speed? Or will you take a vote?

I usually play at Epic about the games I won't start right in 9 days probably by October or November at least

I'm also looking forward to the Civ 5 version of "Noble's Club" and "Immortal University" "Monarch Student", etc. or whatever the equivalents will be.

For that matter I'm looking forward to the opening of the sub forum for "Strategy and Tips"!

I'm also looking forward to the Civ 5 version of "Noble's Club" and "Immortal University" "Monarch Student", etc. or whatever the equivalents will be.

Those will probably be done by some of our more experinced players like TMIT.

Your idea is of course noble, but somehow methinks there'll be plenty of Sisiutil's disciples doing it, so what I'm saying is that you won't be the only one :)

And that's good, the more games will be played like that the busier the forum will be, especially when there'll be games run varying from Prince to Emperor (I doubt that someone will start Civ5 experience from Immortal/Deity, unless 2kGreg or Shafer himself xPPP)

Anyways thank you, for letting us know what that obscure acronym means, much obliged.
"Obscure"? Really?

Look, to be a civfanatic and not to know what ALC stands for is like to don't know who Romans were. Sisutil is a legend here, and I've learned ~70% about playing Civ4 from his games and strategy guides.
:old:
I know there is a flux of newbies here, and they are obviously disregarding whatever has happened here in the past (since their presence makes this forum important, past is meaningless), but you're missing a hell of a lot of entertainment this way.

Also, if you're familiar with Civ4 then despite missing pictures I can recommend priceless Flouzemaker's "Gigamesh Court" and "Suleiman's Harem". Pictures were awesome, but even without them it's still quite funny read. ^^

Your idea is of course noble, but somehow methinks there'll be plenty of Sisiutil's disciples doing it, so what I'm saying is that you won't be the only one :)

And that's good, the more games will be played like that the busier the forum will be, especially when there'll be games run varying from Prince to Emperor (I doubt that someone will start Civ5 experience from Immortal/Deity, unless 2kGreg or Shafer himself xPPP)

"Obscure"? Really?

Look, to be a civfanatic and not to know what ALC stands for is like to don't know who Romans were. Sisutil is a legend here, and I've learned ~70% about playing Civ4 from his games and strategy guides.
:old:
I know there is a flux of newbies here, and they are obviously disregarding whatever has happened here in the past (since their presence makes this forum important, past is meaningless), but you're missing a hell of a lot of entertainment this way.

Also, if you're familiar with Civ4 then despite missing pictures I can recommend priceless Flouzemaker's "Gigamesh Court" and "Suleiman's Harem". Pictures were awesome, but even without them it's still quite funny read. ^^

Hey that gave me another idea: How about a Concurrent ALC? Find 18 people to play all the nations at the same time, then switch nations after the first game :lol:

Now that would be a hell of a lot to read.

Well we do are gonna see a live game tommorrow by 2KGreg so I hope he will talk about some of his strategys in civ5.

Hey that gave me another idea: How about a Concurrent ALC? Find 18 people to play all the nations at the same time, then switch nations after the first game :lol:

Now that would be a hell of a lot to read.

Nice ideia there Alpaca it sure would be awesome to see that.

Nice ideia there Alpaca it sure would be awesome to see that.

That was actually a joke. I don't see anyone reading in-depth strategy posts by 18 people at the same time. I could see it with 6 players maybe, which would mean you could cover all nations in three games.

By the way, I've always though ALC is short for alcoholic? That was wrong, was it?:mischief:

Top Bottom