1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideal Culture strat?

Discussion in 'Strategy Forum' started by darksun45230, Sep 2, 2012.

1. darksun45230

darksun45230 Chieftain

Attempted a Culture/Faith win with Siam.

* Tech: Beelined Acoustics
    * Build: Forgo most/all war tech and just built Culture/Faith wonders like Hagia Sophia, National College and Stonehenge.
    * Policies: Started with Tradition, then Liberty but lost traction.

* Result: Horribly under-prepared for Barbarian camps and neighboring Alexander DoW on my butt. Got way ahead of other Civs in terms of culture but lagged horribly mid-game behind others in terms of Tech and expansion. Had a negative deficit due to cost of Wonders/Temples and massive starvation forced me to assign citizens on Food Production. and since most of the food wonders were taken I was left with a lot of Artists and Scientists without the ability to utilize either. With that I lost my Culture edge.

Hold my hand and explain to me a better strat for Culture expansion and I shall be eternally grateful. I am willing to change Civilizations, Tech Path, Build Order, ect.