1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideal ending times

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Invigilator, May 9, 2019.

1. Invigilator

Invigilator Chieftain

Hi all

I've only come across these forums in the last few months and I see a lot of people talking about optimization and getting games done quickly. I'm just curious, what are people's turn timer goals when going for each type of VC?

I'm getting the idea that CV should be around 250 and maybe SV's a bit longer? What about the others?

I still enjoy a long slow game, but I like the idea of trying to push myself a bit when I get the chance and looking for some challenging, yet realistic goals.

2. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

For epic speed (750 turns), I prefer not to win until at least turn 600. Possible roadblocks can include my gaining in the CV department too fast and (of course) threats of impending victory by AI players.

If I become alarmed by my culture victory status I may have to rub someone out, since that delays everyone's CV progress.

huge continents, prince, games lasting 2-3 weeks;
    and yes, I know this is not what you were really after, but ... :)

3. Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr Chieftain

My ideal win time is just a little after I start getting bored with the game. On standard/continents/immortal, I usually hit my victory in the 290 - 320 range. Long enough to get into the future techs and civics, but maybe not quite enough to finish both of them. I don't play for optimization, though. I am a bit more of a role-player.

comatosedragon likes this.
  4. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

Some über players can finish under 160-150 turns for non military victories and hit under 100 turns for domination ones. It's obviously way too soon. Civ5 was more like 200-220 peaceful and 150-160 military. Should be the same for civ6.

So it's a downgrade.

5. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

6. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Yes, the latest GOTM is a CV with Canada, fastest time at 106 turns.
    The Maori CV one just after GS release the optimal time someone got through retry was75 turns I think but that is meeting the rather lucky Kandy CV with the optimal civ.
    In reality with rock bands T200 is quite doable but a ‘salted fish’ approach with an optimal civ is certainly under 150 with a good start.
    So much relies on harvest goddess for any victory, it alone shaves 30-50 turns off.

Ignoring that 200-250 for an SV, 150-200 for a CV 100-150 for an RV and domination is normally quite low also.
    A huge amount depends on your start, map, CS’s in the game and civs you are up against. Difficulty is also a major factor but interestingly a peaceful deity CV fan be faster than an emperor one because the is a lot more gold in the AI pockets to take.
    Also for SV prince can be slower because there is not so many cities to take.

If you are interested in homing your times GOTM is a great place to learn this. @Eyswein got the 106 CV in the last GOTM and gives great detail as to how he got there and is glad to answer questions.