Ideas for enhancing "A Brave New World"

The key change that would enhance BNW would I think have been to use a name other than "tourism" for the cultural imperialism mechanic. It makes it a bit difficult to take what looks to be a mechanically interesting and well thought-out system seriously when tourism is hailed as a route to victory (never mind that little of what the mechanic seems to represent actually relates to tourism). And giving it a suitcase for an icon is even worse.

Switch Menelik II for Halie Selassie

1) I also think G&K lacked a unique victory. Not that all expansions needs to have one, but I think a religious victory would have been appropiate. Spread your founded religion to all other civs capitals and/or CS.

2) I know this won't happen until Civ6, but I really loved how you could "visit" a city in Civ1. In Civ5 we can see wonders and buildings on the map, I know, but a better closeup view or possibility to visit the city would be great. Sort of like "walking around" in the city.

3) Palace addons like in Civ1 and Civ2, but with benefits (e.g. observatory / extra painting slots / etc.). This would encourage you to keep citizens happy. Could either happen when you get a golden age through hapiness, or when you get the "We love the king / president day". What I didn't like in Civ 1 and 2 was that there were no benefits (from what I know, but I liked the idea of expanding your palace). To get the "We love the king / president day" you need to get a specific resource. That would even more encourage you to deal with these minor missions within the game.

4) Fluent hapiness motifiers (not just when it goes negative, below -10 and below -20). I really hate this isn't fluent since it doesn't matter if you have -1 or -9 in hapiness.

The random events that happened in CIV IV: BTS should be in. I loved events that happened within the my civ or another civ as I played; especially if one is going for a peaceful victory in which the game can become sort of dull.

:agree: But this dull type of gameplay is what Firaxis is now trying to change. Other than that there seem to be a large group of people on this forum who thinks random events are an annoying thing. But you can always make it optional ;)

Top Bottom