Ideas for new units...

Gray

Chieftain
Two industrial/modern units that would be neat to add in (in a modpack maybe-to bad I cannot make it myself) would be:

1) Heavy machine gun: this would be like artillery or cannon-cannot attack directly, can be captured. Here is what it would do, you would have to have a unit like infantry or riflemen, or pike/longbow---whatever-in the same tile. The HMG would increase that unit’s defense by 5 points. No increase in offense thought (you did not see German infantry in WWI charging across no man’s land with their Maxim’s did you?). Another restriction: only units with a movement of 1 could utilize the defensive effects, so Tanks, Mech Infantry, cavalry, etc do not get a bonus. This is only fair since they can move away from other units-and the HMG is a static defense weapon, not mobile. Also, workers/settlers cannot utilize the bonus since they can also be captured. This unit would make it a heck of a lot harder to take strong fortified positions or cities. You really would have to blow the heck out of them with artillery or bombers first!!! Or use smart weapons to take it out-if that is possible???

2) Truck (ground transports): this unit would have no offense and little defensive capabilities. However, it would have a movement of 3 and you could carry two land-based units in it. It would work with both infantry/worker type units and artillery type units (since trucks can pull artillery). This way your infantry and artillery could keep up with your tank advance. It would also be subjected to the same rules as wheel based units, i.e. cannot cross mountains or jungles without roads. And of course once railroads come into play this unit’s value decreases, but I think rails are kind of unfair anyway.

What other units could be added in?

When units become editable, I'm going to replace the Russian Cossack with a Typhoon Class submarine (replaces the nuclear sub). It will be able to carry 2 missiles instead of 1 and I'm thinking of doing something to make it harder for AEGIS Cruisers to see it, although I'm not sure how yet. Plus, I might give it an extra defense.

I would like to see the old Infantry support tanks from World War I, and balance it with new WW2 era infantry.

Another cool unit (IMHO) would be a new air unit somewhat like the AWAC (E3 Sentry for those of you who want to get technical). I think that this would actually be a useful air unit. It should be able to see for a 2 or 3 tile radius. Preferably 3 since artillery can shoot for 2. Since it would fly high, only jet fighters could attack it-but I think you should need some kind of special unit or improvement (radar system??? Hey a new city improvement!!!) in order to see the AWAC.

Heck I would actually use this air unit. The stuff as it is now is kind of lame.

how about commandos? you know special ops in the military

something ludicrous like 30(5).8.5

:goodjob:

I'm very new to the land of civilization so be patient with me.

My question is about new units. I have read about these, creating new governments, new civilizations, or changing "flags" so that corruption is held in check. However I have no idea how people are creating/changing these aspects of the game. Could someone give me some insight into this.

Thanks

A middle age cannon like from the days of Joan of Arc (named "cannon" in CIV II)

An American Revolutionary era cannon (called "Artillery" in Civ II)

A WWI/WWII cannon (is the "artillery" in Civ III)

Howitzer for modern cannon as well as keep the Radar Artillery

I want 4 types of cannons spanning across differnt ages.
------
An American Revolution era Cavalry using Muskets. Their counter part are musketmen/musketeers.

And a Civil War era Cavalry using repeating rifles. Their counter part is the Riflemen.

I want 2 types of gun wielding horsemen.

-----

I want an attack helicopter useful for attacking units and cities.

It is different than the one used for carrying marines.
So I want 2 types of helicopters.
-----
I'd also like a WWII era and modern era 'dropping plane' useful for increasing the paradropping range of paratroopers. Can be shot down by fighters.
-----

A WWII era marines and WWII era paratroops.

And a different 1990's/2000 era marines and paratroopers.

I want two types of marines and paratroopers.
-----

I want all these units because I don't like why some units look like their 'carried over' into the unappropriate time era, there should be many units that are different to represent the changes instead of still using 1500's musketwielding 'cavalry' along with WWI style infantry.

i would like to see a apache gunship, also i would change the british special unit from a man-o-war to something more useful such as a dreadnought, making it appear well before the regular battleship (say around the time of destryoers) but it would not be quit as powerfull as a battleship

B-2 "Flying Fortress" Helicopter

avaiable in mid-late modern age

Has the body of a heicopter and it's abilities (carry ground units, paradrop) but has an arsenal of weapons as well.

9/9/6 maybe

Top Bottom